Solar Diverter

CrofterMannie

Re: Solar Diverter

Post by CrofterMannie »

Gareth J wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:04 pm I'm sure Marlec's blurb suggests the max rating for the iBoost is 3kW.
I think you are probably right and my memory had failed me on that detail.
8kw solar
ETA log boiler
5ha woodland
MG5EV
CrofterMannie

Post by CrofterMannie »

Thanks for those ideas folks. I think those means I will (starting with the simplest, cheapest options);

1) investigate why the immersion is not drawing the full 2kw.
2) investigate if the inverter has export limitation and see if Gareth's idea is possible as that could get me up to 3kw with only the purchase of a CT clamp. I assume that when I get more solar I would have to connect it to both inverters
3) only then will I look at getting another (or 2) diverters and working out how they might be set up.
8kw solar
ETA log boiler
5ha woodland
MG5EV
Gareth J

Post by Gareth J »

The export limitation idea is a bit of a fudge to be honest and may or may not work with an iboost (only tried with a Solic so far) if that was, by far the most convenient, in terms of cabling routing/logistics, it might be worth considering. But wouldn't be my first choice!

Working out exactly what power rating/resistances your elements are and rewiring them to make about 3kW (as mentioned above) has to be easier and cheaper.

Another option, if you have spare tappings that would allow you to plumb in without draining down;
https://heatingpartswarehouse.co.uk/pro ... on-heater/