Anyone know what's happened to Navitron?

blueplanet

Anyone know what's happened to Navitron?

Post by blueplanet »

I was thinking of getting a solar PV installed and received several recommendations about Navitron but their website says they are closed. Anyone know what's happened to them or why they have closed their website.
Galahad

Re: Anyone know what's happened to elsewhere?

Post by Galahad »

The company has ceased trading. With various ongoing legal disputes in the air, there is not a lot more to be said.
blueplanet

Post by blueplanet »

I see - do you know what kind of disputes? I thought they were highly recommended? On Companies House they are still listed as a trading company.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Don't know Blueplanet, trying not to breathe air into that particular corpse or tbh really care about it.

There are plenty of other traders out there and a fair few folk on here that'll help you and look for no profit from it. I personally found ITS & Triple solar to be well priced & professional when seeking out solar gear. Anyone else have company recommendations to help the man out?

P.S, welcome onboard! :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Less said about the dispute as possible, its not worth it. Some of us ex ............ folk have ended up here.

If your doing a DIY job, then like Joeboy, I also endorse Triple Solar. Also Bimble and if your looking for second hand gear, then ebay, theres a guy on there in Axminster, Devon called south-west-renewables, he sells loads of second hand main brand inverters. Have had some really good chats with him in person.

If your looking for someone to install, I suggest trying someone local, rather than the national outfits. If you've seen any installs in your area, just knock on their door, you will be amazed how other folk like to talk about it and you might find a good local installer that way.

I guarantee, once you've had solar for a year or so, you wont understand why everyone does not have it. And if the bug bites you, then there's batteries, more PV, power diverters to hot water, electric cars, etc. You might then realise that there is no need to burn stuff anymore.

We did 100 mile trip to our daughter at the weekend, electric car fully charged for free at home, cost £5 for a street charge off a lamp post in London for the return journey and now its charged up for free again at home for the weeks commuting.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

The guy in Axminster sells s/h inverters from here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/southwestrenewables
blueplanet

Post by blueplanet »

Thanks all. I will do some research and get some quotes etc. Then come back with some questions!
mspark

Post by mspark »

Well I'm gutted, I had no idea the company was no longer trading, I have one quote issued to a customer for consideration and another three jobs to look at, all my existing electrical installation customers. Doesn't look like I'll be installing any more systems as a very small business its just not worth me going through the full MCS process. I'ts a real shame, when I installed systems I felt good inside having a sense that I was doing the right thing for the planet. I've just completed training course's with the IET on Electrical Energy Storage Systems and GivEnergy on battery storage to be approved for installation of their battery storage. Does any other company do a similar MCS set up to elsewhere.
nowty

Post by nowty »

mspark wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:09 am Well I'm gutted, I had no idea the company was no longer trading, I have one quote issued to a customer for consideration and another three jobs to look at, all my existing electrical installation customers. Doesn't look like I'll be installing any more systems as a very small business its just not worth me going through the full MCS process. I'ts a real shame, when I installed systems I felt good inside having a sense that I was doing the right thing for the planet. I've just completed training course's with the IET on Electrical Energy Storage Systems and GivEnergy on battery storage to be approved for installation of their battery storage. Does any other company do a similar MCS set up to elsewhere.
There seems to be a competitor scheme to MCS which (allegedly) is free to join with no ongoing fees. All SEG suppliers now seem to allow their certification alongside MCS.

https://www.flexi-orb.com/installers/benefits
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
mspark

Post by mspark »

Thank you very much I will do some investigating.
nowty wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:58 pm
mspark wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:09 am Well I'm gutted, I had no idea the company was no longer trading, I have one quote issued to a customer for consideration and another three jobs to look at, all my existing electrical installation customers. Doesn't look like I'll be installing any more systems as a very small business its just not worth me going through the full MCS process. I'ts a real shame, when I installed systems I felt good inside having a sense that I was doing the right thing for the planet. I've just completed training course's with the IET on Electrical Energy Storage Systems and GivEnergy on battery storage to be approved for installation of their battery storage. Does any other company do a similar MCS set up to elsewhere.
There seems to be a competitor scheme to MCS which (allegedly) is free to join with no ongoing fees. All SEG suppliers now seem to allow their certification alongside MCS.

https://www.flexi-orb.com/installers/benefits