Is there a schematic for the Immersun PV diverter? I need to replace 2 capacitors

Deej01

Re: Is there a schematic for the Immersun PV diverter? I need to replace 2 capacitors

Post by Deej01 »

Marcus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:52 pm Hmm, good question.

What igbts are in your immersun?

Looking at the ones i ordered (FGH40T65SQD) they do appear to be discontinued; I think someone else here ordered FGH40T65SHD but they seem to be unavailable too.

Looking at Mouser they do have FGH40T65HDF which has a lower saturation voltage and higher pulse current rating than the SQD variant but might be slower and less suitable to judge by the suggested applications (resonant and soft switching rather than solar inverter, ups, pfc suggested for the SQD and SHD), although rise/fall times and collector capacitance don't seem bad.

Digikey have an SPD variant which like the SQD is suitable for fast switching applications like solar inverters, but has a slightly higher saturation voltage which may make it run hotter.

If it were me i might try the SPD devices above, or spend some time looking for something with similar/better specs, but i don't know of a quick way of comparing devices sorry.
Mine are FGH40T65UPD, I am still looking into this, I will look into the SPD though ! I can get FGH40T65UPD from Ali Express, but its a long wait.....
Marcus

Re: Is there a schematic for the Immersun PV diverter? I need to replace 2 capacitors

Post by Marcus »

Deej01 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:09 pm Question about the two 15v transformers..

After alot of time I have cleaned off enough to see what was going where.., It seems that each transformer has two ouput coils but only uses one on each! could you not use one with twin coil ouputs and use both outputs.. just seems a waste or is there a reason for this??
The immersun originally had a single dual ouput tranny for the two 15v supplies - my guess is that they eventually realised that having the two secondaries of one tranny connected to opposite sides of the mains supply was a bad idea, and adopted the dual tranny design, but probably had a lot of dual output trannys left on the shelf to use up.

I suppose that changing to two single output trannys like the one i linked, (or using both outputs of a dual in parallel) might require an upgrade of the zenner diodes on the pcb - i can't recall what the rating of the smd zenners was.

The one i did had at least one blown zenner anyway, so i used the single output trannys and fitted 1.3w zenners IIRC.
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Deej01 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:57 pm
Marcus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:52 pm Hmm, good question.

What igbts are in your immersun?

Looking at the ones i ordered (FGH40T65SQD) they do appear to be discontinued; I think someone else here ordered FGH40T65SHD but they seem to be unavailable too.

Looking at Mouser they do have FGH40T65HDF which has a lower saturation voltage and higher pulse current rating than the SQD variant but might be slower and less suitable to judge by the suggested applications (resonant and soft switching rather than solar inverter, ups, pfc suggested for the SQD and SHD), although rise/fall times and collector capacitance don't seem bad.

Digikey have an SPD variant which like the SQD is suitable for fast switching applications like solar inverters, but has a slightly higher saturation voltage which may make it run hotter.

If it were me i might try the SPD devices above, or spend some time looking for something with similar/better specs, but i don't know of a quick way of comparing devices sorry.
Mine are FGH40T65UPD, I am still looking into this, I will look into the SPD though ! I can get FGH40T65UPD from Ali Express, but its a long wait.....
Trouble is I'm better at fixing electronics than designing, so whilst there's almost certainly something better than these obsolete devices, i don't know enough to confidently choose a substitute, but would be looking for:

something with equal or higher:-
Vce, collector current, power dissipation

equal or lower:
Vsat, risetime, falltime, gate capacitance, collector-gate capacitance

Similar
Turn on / turn off times, package type.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
Deej01

Post by Deej01 »

closest match I can find !!! FGH50T65UPD, the turn off and on are slower but when you are talking ns, is it that slow??
Deej01

Post by Deej01 »

I know someone listed the components for the high side, capacitors,zenner diode, etc, I just cannot find it....

Also what case sizing are the resistors ?

Can anyone help??
Last edited by Deej01 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I think i listed the zenners and the dual fets, on the other place, i should have that info on the computer when I'm back home .
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
Deej01

Post by Deej01 »

Many thanks... if you know the values of the caps it would be appreciated, it will save me taking a good one of just to measure it..... :D
Deej01

Post by Deej01 »

I'm back on to the immersun again, been off catching up with work... I measured the little orange transformer VTX 214-005-105 and the primary coil has gone...

Does anyone know of an equivalent transformer I could use...
Last edited by Deej01 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf