Sanyo / Panasonic HIT250 panels

Joeboy

Re: Sanyo / Panasonic HIT250 panels

Post by Joeboy »

It would be interesting to hear what Wattage you can now get for the same physical size of panel within the current footprint? It makes sense that you can percentage limit the production to match the original contract, that's good to know.

Would it be prudent to spec the new panels and check with your particular FIT provider before proceeding? Do you have a size in mind?
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:42 pm It would be interesting to hear what Wattage you can now get for the same physical size of panel within the current footprint? It makes sense that you can percentage limit the production to match the original contract, that's good to know.

Would it be prudent to spec the new panels and check with your particular FIT provider before proceeding? Do you have a size in mind?
My current 16 panels take 22.2 sq m. I could get down to 17.9 by using 400 watt panels x 10, but will probably go for 340 watt x 12 using 20.2 sq m as the actual packaging is better, for me, with the smaller panels. Panel physical size is creeping up!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:36 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:42 pm It would be interesting to hear what Wattage you can now get for the same physical size of panel within the current footprint? It makes sense that you can percentage limit the production to match the original contract, that's good to know.

My current 16 panels take 22.2 sq m. I could get down to 17.9 by using 400 watt panels x 10, but will probably go for 340 watt x 12 using 20.2 sq m as the actual packaging is better, for me, with the smaller panels. Panel physical size is creeping up!
I would have thought (just me) that inverter allowing you'd go for the largest panel size that would fit on the current rails allowing for price per kW anomalies? An oversized array combined with the legit approved percentage of FIT seems like a good idea. 👍 :twisted:

Bear in mind that my particular microclimate makes the extra potential panel area very attractive.

I did wonder if energy density per sqft or similar had increased in those 12 year, kind of hoping that your 4kW PV could become 5kW, 🤞!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:42 pm

I would have thought (just me) that inverter allowing you'd go for the largest panel size that would fit on the current rails allowing for price per kW anomalies? An oversized array combined with the legit approved percentage of FIT seems like a good idea. 👍 :twisted:

Bear in mind that my particular microclimate makes the extra potential panel area very attractive.

I did wonder if energy density per sqft or similar had increased in those 12 year, kind of hoping that your 4kW PV could become 5kW, 🤞!
Yes it could, but the actual dimensions of the roof make it difficult to use panels that are very much taller. The actual area doesn’t really tell the full story - but I do get your point. My second inverter is a 5kW one, which if it became my main one could do just that. I’ll have to have a ponder & perhaps create a spreadsheet. The residual value of the old panels is a factor in the equation - hence my post. The old panels will have some value, even £50 each is £800 👍. Every little helps.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:54 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:42 pm

Yes it could, but the actual dimensions of the roof make it difficult to use panels that are very much taller. The actual area doesn’t really tell the full story - but I do get your point. My second inverter is a 5kW one, which if it became my main one could do just that. I’ll have to have a ponder & perhaps create a spreadsheet. The residual value of the old panels is a factor in the equation - hence my post. The old panels will have some value, even £50 each is £800 👍. Every little helps.
I had a look on ITS after reading your initial post. There is quite a selection available. But I didn't go into depth just flicking through Often see secondhand panels popping up on FB marketplace. Might be worth watching there to get a feel for the 2nd hand market pricing? I read a couple of years back that 200mm is a good rule of thumb for around the edge re tile etc before edge. I have pushed that slightly in my last top array and to no detriment.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I.T.S . ??
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:05 pmI.T.S . ??
It’s a supplier of solar PV stuff:

https://www.itstechnologies.shop/

👍
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanking you kindly sir!
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more