PV Guidance Please

AGT

Re: PV Guidance Please

Post by AGT »

My SB1700 is the original inverter on the FIT.

I have another sunny boy inverter for the second install, can’t remember the model it’s in storage.

If I go down the battery inverter route won’t that affect the FIT?
nowty

Post by nowty »

AGT wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:42 pm My SB1700 is the original inverter on the FIT.

I have another sunny boy inverter for the second install, can’t remember the model it’s in storage.

If I go down the battery inverter route won’t that affect the FIT?
As has been said many times before (on other similar threads), as long as the second system inverter connects to the grid downstream of the FIT generation meter, (i.e. it does not add to it), it’s fine as far as FIT goes. It does not matter whether the second inverter is a battery inverter with storage or is a hybrid inverter with both panels and storage.

It’s only if you’re adding extra panels to your existing FIT inverter or replacing your existing FIT inverter with a hybrid inverter and adding storage to the FIT system. It’s still possible to do, with agreement with your FIT provider you can change the FIT generation meter for a bi-directional one which takes care of the storage issue, then you can add extra panels and agree a diluted FIT generation rate.

DNO’wise, that’s another issue.
15.2kW PV > 101MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
sharpener

Post by sharpener »

+1 to all the above.

With a bit of luck your 2nd inverter currently in storage is another SB1700, or at any rate not more than 1.98kW (3.68 less 1.7), then you don't need to make any further applications to the DNO. Subject to the voltage limit, connecting 2.2kW of panels will be no problem at this time of year as they will not generate anything like their rated output in winter anyway. 10-20% over-panelling is quite common and reckoned to be a good economic proposition.
16 x 230W Upsolar panels in S Devon, ~3.9 MWh/year
8 x 405W Longi panels, 3.355 MWh/yr projected
Victron MultiPlus II-GX 48/5000/70-50 with 250/60 MPPT
3 x Pylontec 3.55 kWh Force-L2
zappi 7kW EV charger
Villavent whole-house MVHR
5000l rainwater system