Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Joeboy

Re: Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Post by Joeboy »

That's us a year past with no gas use out here in Turkey. Fried egg sandwich and mushroom scrambled eggs today for lunch.

I like the idea that via home solar micro export and Ripple generation I can fund the Turkish house into our RE world via the 5V systems, the 200W PV and some handcarried filthy lucre from Octopus to top up bank account out here. 8-)

19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Ideal Joeboy, has given me the impetus to look at this shortly now, just been discussing with swimbo and she agrees.
Few things to get done beforehand, inc burying her mom sadly tomorrow, so likely a few weeks away, nice to hear it went smoothly for you. One question if i may. Did you keep,your generation payments with the original FiT payer? Im with OvO and they are beyond inept so would like to move the whole lot from them.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:38 am Ideal Joeboy, has given me the impetus to look at this shortly now, just been discussing with swimbo and she agrees.
Few things to get done beforehand, inc burying her mom sadly tomorrow, so likely a few weeks away, nice to hear it went smoothly for you. One question if i may. Did you keep,your generation payments with the original FiT payer? Im with OvO and they are beyond inept so would like to move the whole lot from them.
Sorry to hear of your & SWMBO's loss. Not easy. :(

Yes we keep the generation portion of the original fit. That's not to stop you setting up the export part with Octopus and then transferring the remaining generation part away from Ovo once up and running?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Swmbo is bottling it up a little still, doesnt make it easy for her with me in my situation either but what can you do, hopefully tomorrow will help her release a little pressure.
Thanks for the update on FiT, i think i'll probably just move the lot in one go given OVO are awful.

Not sure how the SEG thing fits in with all this FIT malarky as i have the two systems, FIT and non-seg. i have 3.68kw mandatory export limit only as bellwire sized cable in my street im told, so maybe even worth giving up deemed and measured FIT export in favour of higher SEG exports from my bigger system instead. If i (can) go down that route id likely stay with me leccy supplier EON who's customer service is always unbelievably excellent. The rates are the same as Octopus. So much to work out.

https://www.eonnext.com/electricity-and ... -guarantee
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

We hit 21kWh export by 17.15hrs. We'll be revising the export expectation upwards. :twisted: Hitting 30kWh would be :xl: .

Getting the hang of this! 8-)

We still have 1.7kW incoming.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

General Thursday.night life ongoing at ours back in Scotland. No1 is I hope living the no bill dream.

We went past 30kWh exported just a wee bit ago. It has went midnight here so it's back of 10 with u guys. That will be 34kWh day but I won't be conscious for it! Really good band tonight, night! :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

That really was a great band last night!

Back to it today though, do our bit for GB Energy. Penny dropped on the discharge rate % adjustment. I had thought it was soc linked not,.....ahem rate. :joker:

Anyway, 3.88kW is the peak hybrid discharge rate seen. Plus whatever Solaredge generation the home doesn't use. Today could be a 40kWh export day for us as the weather app looks good. I am enjoying this learning curve and VB charging. :D

Makes my Ripple stuff look second rate. Combined personal generation for GF&KH is 1.1kW at 09.00hrs. :whako:

I find it mindbending that I am here chilling yet at home the sun is rising and generation rate is climbing. All automatically controlled and sent out into the wild. That really is quite something.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

We Imported 18kWh (£1.26) on IO overnight for HWT and top up of stack.

Played about with discharge rate this morning as I didn't fancy leaving it banging out 3.9kW unattended all day. Sat at 80% DR most of the day but back down to 60% DR now so No1 has beer cooling & PC power in the stack for tonight's gaming session. :)

We will easily hit 40kWh export by late this evening so that's £6 from export along with 63p off of the now solo generation FIT.

That's £5.37 profit in one day towards the Hoymiles microinverter for Turkish hoose. Should pay for the long awaited International RE extension in 24 days. :hysteria: I do like this green guff! :)

The real joyful part is the legit power flowing from add on systems via the cleansing medium of the battery stack.

Although that's possibly matched by having control of the when & where of it. Better and more satisfying feel of control than the Ripple stuff..

I reckon within 4 months SWMBO will 'suggest' that we panel up the log cabin. :twisted:

We were North of 7kW combined discharge for a few minutes at different spots around midday.

Ripple made us a quid ... :facepalm:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The learning curve continues. We hit that grid voltage dependent 3.9kW battery discharge rate again today. There must be a variance on hybrid inverter production limit spec?

We hit 95% soc overnight and will close out at 23.30 somewhere about 39kWh exported..

Peak contnious export would be about 7.5kW on this system. Beyond that we are playing for momentary PB's around lunchtime which hold little value. Theoretical limit is 8.7kW.

Certainly looks like we can kick out 40kWh per day when the house is on low load and Summer is waning. £6 per day less costs, let's call it £35 a week into the VB in Summer? That'll do me through Winter! :twisted: I look forward to a hopefully 50kWh export PB next Spring.

I am also impressed with the hybrid inverter management of home demand when exporting. It actually seems a simpler way to do it. :D

On this last cycle we were down to 20% soc and recharged to 90% soc overnight.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:08 pm Swmbo is bottling it up a little still, doesnt make it easy for her with me in my situation either but what can you do, hopefully tomorrow will help her release a little pressure.
Thanks for the update on FiT, i think i'll probably just move the lot in one go given OVO are awful.

Not sure how the SEG thing fits in with all this FIT malarky as i have the two systems, FIT and non-seg. i have 3.68kw mandatory export limit only as bellwire sized cable in my street im told, so maybe even worth giving up deemed and measured FIT export in favour of higher SEG exports from my bigger system instead. If i (can) go down that route id likely stay with me leccy supplier EON who's customer service is always unbelievably excellent. The rates are the same as Octopus. So much to work out.

https://www.eonnext.com/electricity-and ... -guarantee
Just a thought, you have 3.68kW G98 in place? With forced discharge you should be able to.export.the FIT system momentary production plus the 3.68kW. I am as you know very new to this export.stuff.but that's how it seems to work?

You can test that theory anytime.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs