Plans for solar and battries

marshman

Re: Plans for solar and battries

Post by marshman »

Yes the Hybrid Solis Inverter I referenced (RHI-6K-48ES-5G) will do that and comes complete with the meter and CT (current transformer). The key things to look for are Type Approval to G98/99 - check on the ENA website Type Test Register here: https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/ to see if the inverter is listed and marked as compliant - makes life easier with the DNO. (the Solis one is, I also believe the Victron Multiplus is, though haven't checked) For export limitation make sure the inverter is tested/certified/approved to G100. If it is not then the DNO may require additional certified equipment to be fitted (extra expense!).
myozone

Post by myozone »

John_S wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:19 am Will you battery bank etc be able to supply the 8.5kW shower?
I Assume not, but the Victron inverter will do PowerAssist 5kW from the inverter and 5kW from the grid when needed, that's one of the reasons I like Victron. Our normal usage never really goes above ~3.5kW with short peaks to ~3.7kW cooker, hob and ~8.6kW when the shower is in use.
myozone

Post by myozone »

@marchman It looks like I need to do a lot more research, good points on the inverter. I just wanted better quality and possibly a better warranty. Same for the batteries, BYD appear to quite good make a lot better than similar looking packs I've heard about.

Dave.
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myozone

Post by myozone »

@marshman You've made me really think now, I've even downloaded the PDF's for the Solis. It looks fairly easy integrate into Node-red as well - I do like logging graphs. EV Puzzle has an interesting video on a Solis and others. I looked at optimisers but thought micro inverters would be better but now optimisers might be a better option as you say with the DNO side of things - by the look of things there's only two notable brands Tigo and Solaredge.

We don't have any room for water storage but would be great to have, we appear to use use a great deal of hot water, just hands and washing up. I much appreciate all the comments.

Just a quick Google and the Solis seems to be about half the Victron

Dave.
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Take a look at lux power the hybrid options are very nice and also have the certification for export limits.

They also do the feature where the 3.6Kw hybrid can do 3.2kw into battery and 3.2 to load/grid at the same time.

They also have the ability to link into agile tariffs and charge as required based on the day ahead data.