Fastest charge inverters

nowty

Re: Fastest charge inverters

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:02 pm I've been talking to a pal as he fancies some solar. Pretty sure when he drops the first hammer it will be on a Hoymiles HMS 2000 micro and 4 of close to 600W panels.
If your pal does, it sounds like another associate member. :xx:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:21 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:02 pm I've been talking to a pal as he fancies some solar. Pretty sure when he drops the first hammer it will be on a Hoymiles HMS 2000 micro and 4 of close to 600W panels.
Well there is my mate Jim who I influenced. :twisted: He's got 6.5kW of panels and a 9.5kWh battery now. Jim qualifies for the associates list. :D

As to the other pal, he has a perfect South facing rear garage externall wall. I reckon we'd get it up and running for about £700. He sees the matrix but I'm not 100% certain he feels it.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:34 pm
nowty wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:21 pm
Well there is my mate Jim who I influenced. :twisted: He's got 6.5kW of panels and a 9.5kWh battery now. Jim qualifies for the associates list. :D

As to the other pal, he has a perfect South facing rear garage externall wall. I reckon we'd get it up and running for about £700. He sees the matrix but I'm not 100% certain he feels it.
Jim is now down on it.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Krill wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:33 pm In a sentence? Hoymiles microinverters and forgetting export, plus a decent victron dc charger controller for the 3kW 6 panel string. Forget installers you can do all that yourself except connecting the batteries to the grid via an AC inverter.
Sorry Krill. Can you treat me as the idiot that i am, and explain that please.

I presume you mean leave the 2.7kwh roof panels Alone. Do nothing.
Micro inverters, yep. Get what they do. Take solar direct from panel, invert it to ac, then via 13pin plug "inject" the energy into a circuit.
I presume you mean for all the other possibilities of panels?

By saying "forgetting export" do you mean that any excess used from this will not be officially counted as export, just get consumed by the grid without aknowledgement, because it goes past a meter?
If so, i got you, but im unclear if it calls for energy to top up, does that also go for the battery inverter not taking it to charge the battery either?
If none of that is what you are saying Im lost?

Dc for the gable wall 6 panels, yes understood.
2nd Inverter (hybrid?) for the batteries? Or combine this as thr inveter for the roof?
Last edited by NoraBatty on Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2.7kw Canadian solar. roof. 3kw solis G98 mcs
12kw midea ASHP
200l hot water
3152W RE, Whitelaw Brae
Octopus agile/outgoing fixed 15p

Planned;
Hybrid system
43kwh eve batteries, 3x16 280A
6-8+kw solar, DC connected.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Nora,

You've got a fit generating solar pv system already with a MCS cert?

Can you not do a G98 retro application for that system to get on IO export(if you have an EV). If you can't get someone to fit a hybrid inverter for you how about this? You can diy it, I'm sure you can.run your stack from Colin? Just a thought.

https://www.hoymiles.com/products/energy-storage/
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

The beauty of if is (and for anyone else looking in), is that you get a self installed 2kW system to learn on, it's on your timeline and budget so no over runs on time or cost. Plus you can get the hang of it, see if its really for you and then install something bigger with a grid connection and the 2kW diy system will still be generating throughout and beyond.
You are all better at conveying this much more succinctly than i am.
Comes with experience of the systems and terminology guess.
I know what im trying to say, and what i want to do, just dont know how to put, it if that makes sense.
I also think maybe im missing a few links that are obvious to you all. Which is making what i think needs to happen much harder than it actually is.

I obviously.already have the g98 with export, so dont need convincing in that regard.
I can see the use of using the mi's for accessing more than 3.68kwh of energy before drawing from the grid.

For sure the solar ticks away nicely during the summer covering the essential loads, but i would fail to use all of the energy, maybe it would be used in winter, and it i can see it would just go to waste most of the year, hence why thinking of dc coupled to the batteries maybe being more sensible.
That also can be done at my own pace.

Pro's and cons to each side. I either pay for the energy needed above the inverters capability if capped at 3.68, or i lose energy i can store and be paid for if i go the mi route.

I can see the benefits of the system.
It just depends i guess on what the DNO allows me to have.

I can see me stripping the inverter from the boat soon and hooking that up to feed the house from the batt
eries if i cant get anyone.
12kw midea ASHP
200l hot water
3152W RE, Whitelaw Brae

Planned;
Hybrid system
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:41 pm Nora,

Can you not do a G98 retro application for that system to get on IO export(if you have an EV). If you can't get someone to fit a hybrid inverter for you how about this? You can diy it, I'm sure you can.run your stack from Colin? Just a thought.

I dont have an EV
I dont have Fit, just a G98 for the 2.7kwh on the roof, on a 3kwh solis, grid tied.

Thanks for the confidence Nowty.
Im pretty sure swapping the inverter for a hybrid and adding the batteries is within my capabilities.
I did want UPS, but without an installer it seems a little dodgy for me to go too far out of bounds.
I am one of those eternally unlucky people that if anyone is going to be caught doing something even the slightest bit iffy, it will most definitely be me.
If i can be above board, i would prefer it, and it would certainly be much faster.
There is a certain amount of pride that comes wirh being able to diy things competently as you will be very aware, but with sorting out the ASHP, and the insulation, and every other job that has to be done, including my own job, i dont know if its feesible. So i will keep trying with the installers.
Joe put me onto an installer who has been rushed off of his feet. Ive been checking in with him for the past few months and no break in work yet, and all thenothers ive tried seem to dislike not installing their own batteries with no doubt a little too much extra commission added on top.
12kw midea ASHP
200l hot water
3152W RE, Whitelaw Brae

Planned;
Hybrid system
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NoraBatty wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:04 pm

I dont have an EV
I dont have Fit, just a G98 for the 2.7kwh on the roof, on a 3kwh solis, grid tied.

Im pretty sure swapping the inverter for a hybrid and adding the batteries is within my capabilities.
I did want UPS, but without an installer it seems a little dodgy for me to go too far out of bounds.
I am one of those eternally unlucky people that if anyone is going to be caught doing something even the slightest bit iffy, it will most definitely be me.
If i can be above board, i would prefer it, and it would certainly be much faster.
There is a certain amount of pride that comes wirh being able to diy things competently as you will be very aware, but with sorting out the ASHP, and the insulation, and every other job that has to be done, including my own job, i dont know if its feesible. So i will keep trying with the installers.
Joe put me onto an installer who has been rushed off of his feet. Ive been checking in with him for the past few months and no break in work yet, and all thenothers ive tried seem to dislike not installing their own batteries with no doubt a little too much extra commission added on top.
Just to confirm, you DO have a MCS and are paid for the export from the 2.7kW of panels through a 3kW Solis inverter?

You want to up the generation side of things.
Control the batteries.
Maybe try for G99 to export more.
Can't find an installer willing to work with you the way you want the install to go or in a timely fashion.

That is frustrating especially as the batteries are on site. Have you looked further afield, Dundee maybe for an installer?

I'd be drilling down into the potential for a DC solution diy. Even if just to have the alternate route.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

And also can NoraBatty confirm what the 45kWh of batteries are currently connected to ?

Is the current 3kW Solis a hybrid or a simple grid tie ?

Edit - I've looked back over a number of posts, and I think I understand the current issue, please confirm I have this right.

NoraBatty has a simple pukka G98 installed two roof string 3kW Solis grid tie, is on Agile import and fixed 15p export. Also has 48 DIY batteries (4 strings of 16 ?) from china with BMS but is sitting there doing nothing. Has ambitions for more solar and a way of connecting the DIY battery and other installers are not interested and wants to know what am I going to do now ?
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:10 pm
NoraBatty wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:04 pm

I dont have an EV

Just to confirm, you DO have a MCS and are paid for the export from the 2.7kW of panels through a 3kW Solis inverter?

You want to up the generation side of things.
Control the batteries.
Maybe try for G99 to export more.
Can't find an installer willing to work with you the way you want the install to go or in a timely fashion.

That is frustrating especially as the batteries are on site. Have you looked further afield, Dundee maybe for an installer?

I'd be drilling down into the potential for a DC solution diy. Even if just to have the alternate route.
Yes to all of the above.
I do have G98, and it is MCS, and i am currently paid for export.
Batteries are on site waiting on the enclosures, then will build the batteries.

Cant find an installer, even in an untimely fashion.
Too far, too small a job, will not respond past initial discussion, or far, far too busy to commit to anything.

I have called east to west and down as far as newcastle so far.
I even called the cowboys who installed the ASHP and solar.
Theynare out of business now.
God help anyone else installed under eco 4 by them.
12kw midea ASHP
200l hot water
3152W RE, Whitelaw Brae

Planned;
Hybrid system