Shedhenge

Mr Gus

Re: Shedhenge

Post by Mr Gus »

R.I.B'ed for her pleasure? :lol:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I have an old sniper 7 plastic tender that i am gifting to my 20 yr old son, i have also gifted him the 4 stroke honda outboard to go with (its had around 3 hrs running time !) but I had wondered about the small trolling motors as an alternative 3 hours at 4 to 5mph is very good - food for thought.

Cheers

Moxi
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Moxi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:39 pm Like the set up Desp but what’s the panel behind the down pipe ?

It’s rained and we have sat in the cloud base all day so solar here has been laudable

Moxi
Thanks Moxi, that panel by the downpipe is the one we take to the caravan, it maintains a trickle for the leisure battery when it is stored up between holidays.

Gus, ta mate will do, I have submitted the documents detailing the type testing regime SMA used on the Sunny Boy inverter and so far they havent come back with any objections, hopefully we will hear they accept our install soon.

Meanwhile it does appear we have been infected by the dreaded bug! An LF test showed positive on both of us............ the Lectron Flow has caused us to want more PV :lol: Mrs Desp spotted me eyeing up the roof here and there and asked outright " are you wanting more panels?" well what could I say?? It might be possible to supply the lions share of our energy from PV dear? So she asked the pertinent question, how much would it all cost? My guess of ten grand didn't phase her so who knows.

An EV may well be on the cards as we live just a couple of hundred metres outside the GLC boundary and her old banger definitely wont comply with the LEZ if/when it gets expanded to our neighbourhood. Presently we don't use too much leccy, a remarkably consistent 7kWhr/day through the year, but the gas heating is the biggy. I'm wondering how much of our heating could be supplied by these,

https://www.orionairsales.co.uk/panason ... 8729-p.asp

powered by a big PV and battery system?
I'm gonna find out what the heating loads was for this last winter as that will be our new normal now Mrs Desps mum lives with us, and the gas bills to crunch up some numbers, but all comments and ideas are very welcome.

So having stuck 540W of panels up on the shed I've now got to start organising scaffolding AGAIN, the neighbours are gonna kill me :shock:

Desp
Blah blah blah
nowty

Post by nowty »

A few years ago I thought it was not possible to turn off the gas boiler and run a heatpump from big PV, batteries and a cheap "off peak" rate. But now its possible, my heatpump uses typically between 1.8 kW and 2 kW. That air to air heatpump you linked only uses 1kW.

A few years ago I thought it would be at least 10 to 15 years before I had an EV and now I've got 2 and have no regrets.

A few years ago a share in a 2.5 MW wind turbine in a good location in Wales was a dream, now its not just happening, its now operating, I've physically seen it and real money is going into my Octopus account.

Today I generated 58 kWh on the Solar PV and everything is full, the home battery, both EV's, the hot water. The heat pump has not even ran today because the excess power has been so great that the power has been diverted to hot water and the storage heaters. Its currently 25 degrees in my lounge, too hot, windows are being opened !

SWMBO is currently on the steam ironing station, I've told her, do your worst, she has already had 3 loads of 50 degree washing cycles today and her EV plugged in !

Tomorrow the dishwasher will be run and the water distiller turned on.

My import will be very low until October and peak rate import is next to zero all year.

I have to say ditching the gas and having the EV's is a hell of a step change for PV and batteries to just running the usual house leccy.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Desp, just give her the mentioned here 1000 watt system placed well is aiming "roughly" 1000 kWh ..even the most disinterested person can do the math on that, without blah blah-ing a!l the variables & losses.

If it all happens quickly, I'm currently sitting on 100 pairs of mc4 connectors should they be required, but generally I'm finding that buying 50 pairs gets you them in hand within "about" 15 days for £27.00 if you collect solar anxieties on a piecemeal basis. (In a genuine sale) so around £30 with vat.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 1802Baavco

I will add a couple of links in for the efficient seller's I've used recently just in case, (tomorrow) hopefully save you some hours trawling.

That & there are some very nice deals often on bimble solar for scratched frame seconds etc, likely you will bite sooner rather than later, (that included bifacial varieties too) ..had to edit that, auto-fudge had it down as bi-racial, ..oy vey!
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

It seems we have been bitten by the PV bug, and Mrs Desp is happy for me to flash the card at Bimble Solar for what seems like a good deal, 3.2kW of second hand panels for 900 quid delivered. I see Bimble have been mentioned here a few times , are they a good bet do you think??

I have submitted all the bumf for the DNO approval and am still waiting for the reply but I guess if anything were radically out of order they would have been on the blower by now :?:

Desp
Blah blah blah
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

spread-tee wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:01 pm It seems we have been bitten by the PV bug, and Mrs Desp is happy for me to flash the card at Bimble Solar for what seems like a good deal, 3.2kW of second hand panels for 900 quid delivered. I see Bimble have been mentioned here a few times , are they a good bet do you think??

I have submitted all the bumf for the DNO approval and am still waiting for the reply but I guess if anything were radically out of order they would have been on the blower by now :?:

Desp
Hey Desp, great news. Dealt with them twice, all 👍.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
MoSTiE

Post by MoSTiE »

Holy cow Desp, I forgot i bought 12 of these :o ... hmm i think one got broken
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Desp, Forgot this didn't I !?
Today the price is £2.10 ex vat , free shipping

Buy them as 1 set of "A" + "B" type as per listing to get free shipping as an order otherwise multiples on one order will rise at least 85p per unit as carriage, having done it in the aforementioned manner they simply sent me 2 boxes free shipping for 10+ of each as described.

Bought via a TCB link (worth getting) that is a potential 5% back at a later date too!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298909 ... 1802miQ7WO

Did you get the 260 watt REC panels then Desp?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Cheers Gus, I already have a stack of cable and M/F terminals but always useful to have a link. We do indeed have a dozen of those panels ordered by end of June they say. That'll give Mrs Desp time to sniff out a second hand 3kW hybrid inverter and a stack of batteries, She obviously has the bit between her teeth now, I notice she has been perusing EV info. A mate of a mate services forklifts and their charging systems so that could be helpful. :idea:

Desp
Blah blah blah