Shedhenge

nowty

Re: Shedhenge

Post by nowty »

I endorse the video too, I was about to post another one with identical procedure. I forgot to say that mine are a standalone stack without BMS connection back to my inverter so I get away more with just sticking another one in the stack.

The only other thing to say is keep one of your existing 3000's the master as its recommended to have the most modern model as the master.
Last edited by nowty on Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15.2kW PV > 101MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Thanks chaps,

I haven't read through the manual completely yet, how do you designate any particular battery as master, I don't think I've seen any reference to that?

Six Panels are all mounted up on the woodstore and shed, wired up and connected (almost) to the inverter in the loft. Good fun was had dragging a 50m run of 4mm 3 core swa from there to here, but now thankfully done, also left a pull through in the eaves to facilitate getting the lofty roof array wired up later.

The batteries are almost installed and ready to go, but one thing puzzles me. Delivered with the inverter were the battery leads which have a black doughnut ring which both the pos and neg cables are wound round 4 turns and cable tied on, no other cables come from it. any idea what it is/does :?:

AC cabling is all in position and just need to get an isolation switch and RCCB, get my mate over to do some final checks, connections, connect up the data and away we go 8-)

That's the theory anyway.

Desp
Blah blah blah
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

spread-tee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:01 pm Thanks chaps,

I haven't read through the manual completely yet, how do you designate any particular battery as master, I don't think I've seen any reference to that?

Six Panels are all mounted up on the woodstore and shed, wired up and connected (almost) to the inverter in the loft. Good fun was had dragging a 50m run of 4mm 3 core swa from there to here, but now thankfully done, also left a pull through in the eaves to facilitate getting the lofty roof array wired up later.

The batteries are almost installed and ready to go, but one thing puzzles me. Delivered with the inverter were the battery leads which have a black doughnut ring which both the pos and neg cables are wound round 4 turns and cable tied on, no other cables come from it. any idea what it is/does :?:

AC cabling is all in position and just need to get an isolation switch and RCCB, get my mate over to do some final checks, connections, connect up the data and away we go 8-)

Desp
A vague memory of the black ring being a damper of sorts.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

spread-tee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:01 pm

The one at the top is automatically the master.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

spread-tee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:01 pm Thanks chaps,

Desp
The black doughnut sounds like a common mode choke

For an accurate description of what it does I'd try google, but I'd say its function is to block RF from travelling along the cables - probably to contain the high frequency switching noise of the inverter.
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Thank you Gents, much obliged.

Desp
Blah blah blah
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

spread-tee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:01 pm I haven't read through the manual completely yet, how do you designate any particular battery as master, I don't think I've seen any reference to that?
It's the one with link 0 port empty.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Tinbum wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:43 pm
spread-tee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:01 pm I haven't read through the manual completely yet, how do you designate any particular battery as master, I don't think I've seen any reference to that?
It's the one with link 0 port empty.
Thanks that makes perfect sense looking at the cabling and ports.

I have read the manuals now, but I cannot find if the inverter has internal protection from injecting DC current into the grid in a fault. If it has that would be great as I can use the existing type A RCD protection and just stab the feed into an MCB. If not it will be untold aggro to rejig the CU, one being plastic which is naughty to stick a new circuit into, the other being metal is full :roll:

Anyone know if the Solis 3.6kW inverter has such protection??

Desp
Blah blah blah
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Well whaddaya know, we're live :shock: ...............no magic smoke, no boom, no plunging into darkness, all a bit boring really.
Of course no sooner had the inverter sprung into life but the Sun hid behind the clouds :( but there you go it is all up and ready for tomorrow.

I must say setting it up was pretty straight forward (with quite a bit of help from you) even for a electrical numpty like me. The Pylons may be pricey but they are plug and play. I hope!! Now all I have to do is get all the settings sorted, but that will be tomorrow as well as a bottle has been opened in celebration.

Desp
Blah blah blah
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Congratulations! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf