Balcony solar PV

Joeboy

Re: Balcony solar PV

Post by Joeboy »

No1 son showing the power of balcony solar, smart meter free power events access and the low draw lifestyle all in one shot. :D :lol:

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

That was quick! Looks like I've got a hold of the very last Kinve 250W panel down in Leith. Fingers crossed it is undamaged. If its ok (one was shattered when i went last time). We'll get it on Friday before the wedding in Edinburgh. 😀

Split a desk today into two bedside cabinets then refinished and waxed also refinished and waxed a chest of drawers. Those sales will pay for the panel. All played for within the secondhand market. :ugeek:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The last Kinve panel sadly is broken. Bit of a shame that. Turned the frown upside down and sourced two of 260W panels at 11.3p per W. :D

Hopefully collecting Friday or Sunday. There's room for both on the lower logstore but that really will.have to be it for PV here :surrender:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A good day for a low irradiation test. 08.40hrs and 1.6kW incoming. :D Home is using about 300W the other 1.3kW is being exported.

I continue to be haunted by Clockmanfra metric of 1kW incoming even in crap weather, so simple. 8-)

The export via Nowty relentlessness and good example just adds a new wrinkle to that.

I'm looking forward to putting the last 2 panels up but more with an eye to their minimal generation within the shoulder months. I am looking forward to the shoulder months to see if I have made enough of a difference with the microinverter additions to make an impact up into November.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Much the same weather wise here - very calm, normal background house load plus the tumble dryer running and 250W rolling in to the house battery, sunny spells forecast for later so hopeful of a good charge and maybe even top up the EV6 a little.

The two older kids are away back to school today and the nipper will be going to nursery two days a week so daytime power consumption will go down a little more too......................a bit like my blood pressure. :D

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:51 am Much the same weather wise here - very calm, normal background house load plus the tumble dryer running and 250W rolling in to the house battery, sunny spells forecast for later so hopeful of a good charge and maybe even top up the EV6 a little.

The two older kids are away back to school today and the nipper will be going to nursery two days a week so daytime power consumption will go down a little more too......................a bit like my blood pressure. :D

Moxi
That has went really fast. Yon Nipper only seemed to make an appearance a couple of weeks back!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Haven't really kept an eye on the Year to Year change in the incoming PV take as we've grown the systems. Just knew it was all moving in the right direction.

Aug 21 562kWh
Aug 22 895kWh
Aug 23 824kWh
Aug 24 1,225kWh

Sept 21 159kWh
Sept 21 477kWh
Sept 22 582kWh
Sept 23 715kWh

Bodes well for shoulder months upcoming. Oct being the starting edge of them up here. Do you guys at the Southern end do well in Oct to a useable level?

I'd like to crack 1MWh for Sept 24 and 0.5MWh for Oct 24. :xx:

Oct 21 124kWh
Oct 22 291kWh
Oct 23 347kWh

In saying all that, October is an absolute cornucopia of power compared to November when we REALLY fall off the cliff. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:04 am
Moxi wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:51 am Much the same weather wise here - very calm, normal background house load plus the tumble dryer running and 250W rolling in to the house battery, sunny spells forecast for later so hopeful of a good charge and maybe even top up the EV6 a little.

Moxi
That has went really fast. Yon Nipper only seemed to make an appearance a couple of weeks back!
Time has indeed flown by, I had all three of them enthralled last night as I fired up a Mamod SE3 that I got off freecycle last week, very similar in condition to this - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/I1anb1AH2fM

They are never too young to start learning engineering principles :twisted: who knows some of it might stick and fire up a life long interest.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:15 am
Joeboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:04 am

Moxi
Time has indeed flown by, I had all three of them enthralled last night as I fired up a Mamod SE3 that I got off freecycle last week, very similar in condition to this - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/I1anb1AH2fM

They are never too young to start learning engineering principles :twisted: who knows some of it might stick and fire up a life long interest.

Moxi
Likely a lot of it will stick. You'll never know the greater impact the smallest experience can have. Hopefully they'll come back and share it with you. Cool engine!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:06 am Oct being the starting edge of them up here. Do you guys at the Southern end do well in Oct to a useable level?
This is the latest Solar PV baseline here at Nowty Towers on the South Coast which includes the upgrades this year. The shading on the rear panels really starts to bite in Oct and generation falls off the cliff from Nov to Feb.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3