Corner turned

Moxi

Re: Corner turned

Post by Moxi »

Yes not so good here either JB, never really got out of the murk all day so a 2.4kWh day will have to do :)

Dorothea is one of the very deep diving sites and is within 10 minutes (by the coast guard ASR helicopter) of Bangor hospital who have a barometric chamber for those unplanned emergency ascents.

Not my cup of tea - I get nervous diving more than two meters to scour the sea bed for "stuff" when snorkelling but the videos are impressive! There they dive down to around 106m if they feel the need! This video is I think 60m level where a lot of the quarry infrastructure is still evident.

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Fab day yesterday 1.5kWh off the mobile array and 12.4 for the main array, total house consumption 4 kWh two of which was the usual night time loads plus evening load and some daytime peaks from washing and TD.

I also finished the base for the battery shed

And best of all this morning we were on home generation by eight thirty and effectively “off grid” - ordering the shed later and tomorrow it’s time to chase the electrician and solar quotes as that’s been two weeks now.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:07 am Fab day yesterday 1.5kWh off the mobile array and 12.4 for the main array, total house consumption 4 kWh two of which was the usual night time loads plus evening load and some daytime peaks from washing and TD.

I also finished the base for the battery shed

And best of all this morning we were on home generation by eight thirty and effectively “off grid” - ordering the shed later and tomorrow it’s time to chase the electrician and solar quotes as that’s been two weeks now.

Moxi
Loving that wall Moxi! We have frost and blazing sunshine this morning.

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Morning JB

No frost but wall to wall sunshine here too, all our walls are dry stone - due no doubt to the fact that we are surrounded by slate waste tips so it’s easily available and I find it a delight to build with. There’s some small slabs to fit in the gravel sections still as the paving is set with odd sizes in a random… ish pattern and I need to copy that to blend in for the boss’ approval.

Keter hi store is ordered and electrician has been in touch so a good day so far - set to get better !

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Finally, after several gloomy / wet days, boom here on the south coast.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:42 am Finally, after several gloomy / wet days, boom here on the south coast.

Great! I wonder what youll peak at, this is very early in year! We are around 4.1kW incoming and running to use it all. Trimmed back the hedge at Victron system and gave that set up a Spring snowfoam clean as easily accessible. Replacing the switchbot CR2 3V battery. Also a couple of AA Varta rechargeable batteries in a Hive unit. Added this last wrinkle last year as sick thinking of the waste that a single use battery is.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:29 pm Great! I wonder what youll peak at, this is very early in year! We are around 4.1kW incoming and running to use it all.
I have had it up to over 10kW in the past but I have since capped a couple of the inverters so 9kW will be the max power peak and the export is capped to the standard 3.68kW.

On a single phase my SMA Sunny Home Manager 2 can handle 3 solar inverters + 1 battery inverter but recommends not to exceed a total of 12kW of panels, otherwise it may not be able to throttle back the power generation fast enough to meet the G100 specification response times.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Glad to hear you are getting some sunshine down there, been a cracking few days up here.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

You're not wrong the there Fintray, Its been glorious here since last Saturday (Friday ok too)with the 3.6kWp reaching over the 2kWp mark daily (afternoon as west faced system) and the mobile array regularly seeing 380Wp with a new high yesterday of 2kWh which I think is good for a 540Wp system at a slightly suboptimal 45 degrees and a mahusive but unavoidable shading problem from 2 to 3:20 each afternoon!

Saturday and Sunday both ended around 13kWh and the daily grid input is down to 4kWh (2 of which is the nascent night time running) and needless to say we caught up with all the washing and tumble drying over the last two days too.

Sat here at the minute with the diverter buzzing away as it shifts 2.4kW to the oil filled radiator - WBS is off since Friday too.

Wondering how and where I can fit some more panels to get my total array kWp up a bit higher to increase harvest capacity in the shoulder months.

The top of the walls around the cottage seems to be the most likely position but width will be restricted to circa 600mm width so lots of 12V DC style panels ?

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Good to hear that your systems are performing well and same here if sunny, get the washing done!
Any room for a solar shed?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf