Corner turned

Joeboy

Re: Corner turned

Post by Joeboy »

Had a post pv panel cleaning relax on my sun lounger, fell asleep! Brilliant 👏!! Thermal coverralls and bonnet on though. :roll: Power of the sun!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi Fintray,

No space for a shed i'm afraid - only across the road but no way yet of getting the power back other than by batteries but yes that was one of my options before i got the pylons

moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

11.5kWh today from a day with howling forty mph winds and sideways rain interspersed with short sunny spells and more prolonged light overcast.

Cannot wait for the shed to arrive and the sparky to connect the batteries up.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:00 pm 11.5kWh today from a day with howling forty mph winds and sideways rain interspersed with short sunny spells and more prolonged light overcast.

Cannot wait for the shed to arrive and the sparky to connect the batteries up.

Moxi
Have you got a date Moxi?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Hope your wait isn't too long Moxi.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Me too Fintray, shed delivery should be this week then I need to put it together and build the back board and battery shelving out of ply - I reckon I could do the wiring more or less as well but rightly so the boss has vetoed that and so we will then await the electrician. Like I say he’s doing a host of other jobs here too so we should end up quite modern after the work and the rats nest of wires that start in fresh air and end in fresh air around the cottage should at least be tidier and labelled if not actually stripped out ?

Moxi
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Big few days forecast weather-wise. I’m hoping to be posting images of beautiful bell-shaped production charts!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

yes its already glorious blue skies here and we have been on free solar electric since 5 minutes to 8 this morning :)

Glorious!

Apparently the national Grid have rung through and turned off the local gas fired power station to Nowty as they are expecting Nowty towers power station to start exporting uncontrollably today :lol:

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:52 am
Apparently the national Grid have rung through and turned off the local gas fired power station to Nowty as they are expecting Nowty towers power station to start exporting uncontrollably today :lol:

Moxi
Nowty Towers is always under strict export control with the SMA Sunny Management system, in fact the precious energy is rarely given away.

SWMBO has requested a 60 degree wash to rid bedsheets of Covid contamination. My explanation of even a cold wash with detergent will be enough to inactivate the virus has not gone down well. ;)

But in view of todays favourable generating conditions, I have decided to allow it on this occasion. :lol:

Today is also the first day of the year to totally run 24hrs on only solar and batteries, no grid import at all. That would not normally be that impressive but now with the gas boiler turned off and 2 EVs, it is.

And I have not even included any of WT1 slowly charging up my virtual grid battery, otherwise known as my Octopus credit balance, ready to be unleashed at a time of my choosing. :twisted:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

I don't quite understand that picture, what does the 365W that appears to be directed in the direction of a pylon mean? :mrgreen: