Bi Facial Panels

Stinsy

Re: Bi Facial Panels

Post by Stinsy »

Tinbum wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:01 pm
renewablejohn wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:36 pm Only fix I have been given so far is to buy 3 hybrid inverters and set up each inverter phase out by 120 but then it got complicated and over my head with the integration of batteries for such a system including the hydro.
I run 3 phase using 3 SMA Sunny Island 5048's. Their are Hybrids that will talk to each other to run as 3 phase.
Do you know how the synchronising of the 3x inverters works?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Stinsy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:27 pm Do you know how the synchronising of the 3x inverters works?
No, other than their is a standard 4 pair RJ45 data cable that links them together. I've never sniffed the data on it.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
dlw

Post by dlw »

My 8kw off grid hybrid inverter can have 6 in parallel and I believe in a 3 phase array, so that would be up to 48kw input and 48kw output, the voltronic link in another post is basically a rebranded version, I will be buying another as backup/add 16kw in my house from a German ebayer as it's much cheaper and I'm working there :) , they are set up using master/slave on canbus/rs485 without any difficulty, it would need some serious battery bank to load everything up though but they can technically run completely off grid without batteries when the sun shines
16 250w Trina panels
Voltronic Axpert Max 8Kw hybrid inverter
3 x Chinese 125Ah (19Kwh total) batteries
To be done, more panels and a wind turbine
Off Grid 20 out of 24hrs
renewablejohn

Post by renewablejohn »

Marcus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:28 pm
Stinsy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:27 pm
renewablejohn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:40 pm Also have 750w hydro turbine running 24/7 during winter which I want to feed into a battery bank but advised to use lead acid rather than lithium.
That advice is completely wrong!

Time has moved on. You should 100% use lithium batteries. There is a whole laundry-list of reasons why Lithium is better than Lead.
Not necessarily that simple:- lead acid will still have significant value when they reach end of life. Lithium? Lead acid 97% recyclable. Lithium?

Perhaps more to the point, though, is when connecting hydro or wind generators to the battery you tend to connect them directly and use a diversion controller when the battery is full, but the battery is still there providing voltage stability to the d c. bus, inverter and controllers. Lithium have a tendency to disconnect when they're full, and having 750w of hydro pushing into the inverter and controllers without the stabilising presence of the battery could cause the magic smoke to come out.

It can be done with lithium of course, but it may be less simple.
This was the logic that the PV inverter man was trying to explain to a very thick farmer totally out of his depth when it comes to PV systems integrated with hydro and the added complication of a 15kw diesel generator for back up that is wired for both single phase and 3 phase.
renewablejohn

Post by renewablejohn »

Plans having to alter slightly as it looks like I could be in for a grant if I play my cards right. So problem is the grant will be for the grade 2 listed farmhouse as we are beyond the gas main for our central heating. That means sufficient solar panels must be on the house circuit to run the house but being grade 2 listed not allowed panels within the curtiledge. Fortunate to have 5 mtr square flat garage roof not in curtiledge so if I hinge 2 panels together landscape I have some flood table stands I could mount the panels on approx 1 mtr off the ground at approx 50 degree angle east west. Looks like enough room for 6 stands in 3 rows so total 12 panels, What would be the best way of stringing them together. From reading one of the other threads I was impressed with the 3.6kw sun synk but maybe use the 5kw version. Then use 2 further 5kw to get the 15kw 3 phase but that would not be part of the grant. You can tell I am easily confused with all this but I can see one of these grant salesmen coming down trying to baffle me with science and finding it very easy to do.