Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Joeboy

Re: Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Post by Joeboy »

That's SWMBO now on the Octopus account, just heard this morning. Hopefully just a few weeks more while Octopus contact British Gas to take over the export contract.

Away to Turkey for a bit. Would have been good to work the export from there (if the sun comes out). Hopefully get into it in Sept.

Took import & export meter totals to see if the house is completely self reliant with only No1 son using the place 🤔
19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:43 am That's SWMBO now on the Octopus account, just heard this morning. Hopefully just a few weeks more while Octopus contact British Gas to take over the export contract.
Are you sure they are going to do this ?

I had to contact British gas myself to opt out and send Octopus confirmation from British Gas that my FIT deemed export had ended before they would set up my export MPAN.

From Octopus.

From British Gas.

Once I had sent that to Octopus the export MPAN was applied pronto.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:05 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:43 am That's SWMBO now on the Octopus account, just heard this morning. Hopefully just a few weeks more while Octopus contact British Gas to take over the export contract.
Are you sure they are going to do this ?

I had to contact British gas myself to opt out and send Octopus confirmation from British Gas that my FIT deemed export had ended before they would set up my export MPAN.

From Octopus.

From British Gas.

Once I had sent that to Octopus the export MPAN was applied pronto.
Tbh, I'm unsure. The Octopus now has mcs certificate and DNO aknowledgement of the pv system. I guess I'm standing by for instructions? Thanks for showing how it went for your application. Now I know how it should go! I took photos of a BG fit paper so I've got some info to use if I need to contact them while in Turkey as SWMBO since the fit's in her name.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Also I phoned my request into British Gas and was told I would get an email confirmation when its done and I specifically asked twice to make sure I would get notification. Heard nothing for 2 weeks, so I emailed them. I then got the reply within a couple of hours and it had been done when I phoned but no email until I chased them. :roll:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:57 pm Also I phoned my request into British Gas and was told I would get an email confirmation when its done and I specifically asked twice to make sure I would get notification. Heard nothing for 2 weeks, so I emailed them. I then got the reply within a couple of hours and it had been done when I phoned but no email until I chased them. :roll:
Once I hear back from Octopus in a few days I'll get in touch with BG and let them know. Cheers! I'm on the long game in my head for this. Not expecting fast results!

Thanks for the guidance 🙏
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Cheers Nowty, contacted BG this morning. Hopefully it will shorten the overall timeline to contract.

"Good morning,

My wife & I are contacting you to let you know that we are moving the export part of our FIT with BG to Octopus Energy and would like to terminate the deemed export part of our FIT with British Gas.

What information do you need from us and can you send confirmation that deemed export has ended."

:D

Autoresponse back saying they'll be back to me within 7 days.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

First distance test of Hybrid inverter for discharging. Must remember to turn off HW diverter or just allow for there being a fully hot tank all the time. No bad thing to have!. :)

The barrier will be the 3.68kW discharge limit.but that's OK until the hybrid breaks down in years to come. I'll then go for G99 and a 5kW min hybrid inverter. Right, who's paying me... :hysteria:

I am impressed that the SOC isn't dropping. The Victron system on the DC side is balancing outflow of power nicely.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:23 am First distance test of Hybrid inverter for discharging.

I am impressed that the SOC isn't dropping. The Victron system on the DC side is balancing outflow of power nicely.
Thats the rub with DC coupled charging and forced AC coupled discharging, your not even losing any battery cycles. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:20 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:23 am First distance test of Hybrid inverter for discharging.

Thats the rub with DC coupled charging and forced AC coupled discharging, your not even losing any battery cycles. :mrgreen:
It is rather magnificent. I've started the test again from poolside. Exporting for free as the weather is right for it. Our export meter stood at 1,001kWh reading on departure. Interested to see what I can export with no restriction to No1's use of the home. HWT to be maxed out, enough juice for multiple washing machine runs, cooking (microwave & airfryer) and beer cooling. I'll pm u on a wrinkle nowty.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

In from Octopus after a gentle prod yesterday. Seems OK.

"Hello Joe & Catherine,

Thank you for getting in touch. I hope you are well.

The smart products team applied and submitted the documents to the DNO to take over the supply two days ago(I apologise for not updating you sooner). I am informed that DNO shall get back to me within the next two weeks. To inform us if we were successful we shall then ask you to reach out to your current supplier to negotiate a handover read. If we are not successful they shall inform us of what they need from us. I shall keep you updated as things develop.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.😊

I hope you have a terrific day."

Boat trip today so should be terrific indeed. 6 day heatwave starting today apparently. Very grateful.for the inverter air con 👌

Balcony evaporative cooler great too for evening pre dinner drinks.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs