Climate change... What climate change?

John_S

Re: Climate change... What climate change?

Post by John_S »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:46 am
All the following conditions must be observed:

Equipment on a building should be sited, so far as is practicable, to minimise the effect on the external appearance of the building and the amenity of the area.
When no longer needed equipment should be removed as soon as reasonably practicable.

All the following limits must be met:

Panels should not be installed above the highest part of the roof (excluding the chimney) and should project no more than 200mm from the roof slope or wall surface.
The panels must not be installed on a building that is within the grounds of a listed building or on a site designated as a scheduled monument.
If your property is in a conservation area, or in a World Heritage Site, panels must not be fitted to a wall which fronts a highway.
I remember reading something similar 12 years ago when I was planning my installation.

I took the view that any installation would have an effect on the external appearance and that as long as I did not do any thing silly, it would be minimal, in the context of installing solar panels. Never heard from the council.

I tend to think that had the guy in Wimbledon, or his installer, been a bit more careful with the layout of the panels, they would have go it passed.