Corner turned

Moxi

Re: Corner turned

Post by Moxi »

Overcast heavy cloud all day today so only 0.73kWh today but the toilet is fixed and the fish are settling in nicely.

Authorisation for the location and mounting of the solar panels received from the boss too so a good day !

BTW if there are any Frank Herbert Dune fans in the forum if you haven’t seen the new movie yet I can thoroughly recommend it! It’s as close to true to the book as is possible - fantastic!

Moxi
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:52 pm BTW if there are any Frank Herbert Dune fans in the forum if you haven’t seen the new movie yet I can thoroughly recommend it! It’s as close to true to the book as is possible - fantastic!
Really? I loved the book but cannot imagine how you could possibly make a decent movie. Too much to explain to the audience!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:52 pm Overcast heavy cloud all day today so only 0.73kWh today but the toilet is fixed and the fish are settling in nicely.

Authorisation for the location and mounting of the solar panels received from the boss too so a good day !

BTW if there are any Frank Herbert Dune fans in the forum if you haven’t seen the new movie yet I can thoroughly recommend it! It’s as close to true to the book as is possible - fantastic!

Moxi
Terrible here today after three consecutive 17 kWh days. :cry:

Authorisation from the boss is mandatory because if it wasn't, our properties would soon become worthless. :lol:

SWMBO is away tonight so I will have to take the advice of a fellow Nuclear man and I've found a free online stream of the film so it will be tonight's entertainment.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Fair play if you have found a free stream of it Nowty but make sure it’s the latest version as there are two that go before it both of merit but IMHO not as good as the 2021 version

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 pm Fair play if you have found a free stream of it Nowty but make sure it’s the latest version as there are two that go before it both of merit but IMHO not as good as the 2021 version

Moxi
30 mins into the 2021 film, interesting enough to stay with it. :D
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Moxi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:52 pm Overcast heavy cloud all day today so only 0.73kWh today but the toilet is fixed and the fish are settling in nicely.

Moxi
I think you need a plumber if you have fish in the toilet :shock:

Gesp
Blah blah blah
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Funny you should mention that but the last inhabitant of the tank did have a burial at sea……… :shock:

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Another grey damp calm morning here, low cloud base at the moment which basically means we are in the cloud with visibility down to around thirty meters.

WBS lit and a mellow morning as even the rifled lees are subdued by the low light levels - it’s almost like perpetual dusk at the minute.

Beef joint is just going in to slow cook ready for around three or four on dinner.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 am Another grey damp calm morning here, low cloud base at the moment which basically means we are in the cloud with visibility down to around thirty meters.

WBS lit and a mellow morning as even the rifled lees are subdued by the low light levels - it’s almost like perpetual dusk at the minute.

Beef joint is just going in to slow cook ready for around three or four on dinner.

Moxi
Sounds good! Today i'll be peeling some of last years tatties then cooking on WS. A nice bright morning up here so expect a few kWh's to come our way. Just under 3kWh's yesterday so that'll do. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

A breeze has picked up here now and visibility looks like it’s picking up to a hazy fifty meters now so with luck it may clear later.

The boss has decided we will be having mash carrots sprouts and cabbage ( a few sprouts left to use up) so I will be doing the veg prep in a minute as she’s just trying to teach Henry some of his Welsh language homework. It’s hard as neither of us have Welsh language skills beyond very basic responses and counting to ten so there’s a lot of cross referencing with YouTube etc to make sure pronunciation is right.

WBS is ticking over at 290 degrees just in the efficient range and warming up the cottage nicely.

Moxi