Shedhenge

Mr Gus

Re: Shedhenge

Post by Mr Gus »

No worries, I have a box of 15 pairs on standby (for now) 3 to 1 Y Branch Connector with 4mm2 solar cable MMMF /FFFM For Solar PV System Y Solar Panel Cable Connector, if it happens to make life easier for anyone needing to keep costs down without the uncertainty of a long Ali express wait.

1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

MoSTiE and spread-tee, your not on my list yet,

Do you want to join my not so secret list of Camelot generators. Let us know your average annual generation, PM me if you want it to remain "secret". and whether you've got any Ripple windfarm, etc. :mrgreen:

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=13&t=922

Even if you've only got stuff on order, let us know how many kW your gonna install and I'll estimate your annual generation.

Regards, nowty
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
MoSTiE

Post by MoSTiE »

nowty, I'll get back to you on that, theres some crowdfunded solar and a hydro plant as well.
nowty

Post by nowty »

MoSTiE wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:08 pm nowty, I'll get back to you on that, theres some crowdfunded solar and a hydro plant as well.
Excellent 👍
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Hallo Nowty,

as you know we have 540W PV already installed and 2.8 kW to be delivered soon, although I have yet to work out a system design and procure the rest of the bits, may well be on the earhole for a bit of advice in due course, so hopefully installed later this year??
We also have 60 of 47mm vacuum tubes that supply at least 80% of the hot water demand for a four person household.
Also we burn at least 2000kg of wood each year at better than 75% efficiency fed into the UFH and direct space heating and some cooking, thus displacing at least 6000 kWh of gas input.

If you can make sense of that I would be happy to add to the forum totals.

Desp
Blah blah blah
nowty

Post by nowty »

spread-tee wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:49 pm Hallo Nowty,

as you know we have 540W PV already installed and 2.8 kW to be delivered soon, although I have yet to work out a system design and procure the rest of the bits, may well be on the earhole for a bit of advice in due course, so hopefully installed later this year??
We also have 60 of 47mm vacuum tubes that supply at least 80% of the hot water demand for a four person household.
Also we burn at least 2000kg of wood each year at better than 75% efficiency fed into the UFH and direct space heating and some cooking, thus displacing at least 6000 kWh of gas input.

Desp
I'll stick you down for 3000 kWh of annual PV, I'm assuming it will be all operating before Kirk Hill goes live. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I didn't think to mention the logs for the wbs (our mainstay for heat)
No idea what the parameters are for Nowty's list.
I'll stick with the solar n' wind for now.

Hey Nowty, how about a BEV's n phevs offsetting list to start building up an idea (obviously this is NOT a bragging rights board) to give a fuller data picture of what is getting done by us all on a wet finger in the wind manner. (I hate giving up my personal data except to this sort of thing which is why we have no qualms currently with tesla data collection)

All of it might be good to twat some "green crap" politician round the head with one day :lol:
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

nowty wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:33 pm
spread-tee wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:49 pm Hallo Nowty,

Desp
I'll stick you down for 3000 kWh of annual PV, I'm assuming it will be all operating before Kirk Hill goes live. :lol:
Thanks mate that sounds good to me, don't hold your breath though for the install, round tuits are in very short supply here :lol:

Gus, real world experiences could be useful to the Green Party, as a paid up member I will ask if this data could be used, assuming there are no objections here of course.

Desp
Blah blah blah
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Well that's a bummer, Bimble have just e-mailed to say they now don't know when these panels will be in stock as there is a legal wrangle between the original solar farm investors, or something :?: So whereas they were expecting them in a few weeks now they don't know.
I am a bit miffed they take the funds and then work out if/when they can supply.............

So hold fire on that estimated 3000kWhr Nowty

I am sort of happy to wait, but I do want the option of a refund if we get fed up of waiting, so hopefully they will agree to that.

Ho hum.....

Desp
Blah blah blah
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

MoSTiE wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:14 pm Holy cow Desp, I forgot i bought 12 of these :o ... hmm i think one got broken
If they are from a forgotten, never to be finished project, that has been since filled with bigger panels I may well be interested (logistics pending, can never remember where members general locations are) as I already have a handful of these.

Put me down as interested if you have a bits clear out Mostie.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS