Which Inverter?

Joeboy

Re: Which Inverter?

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:13 pm could this be a nice little project for an Arduino? (or similar)
my beginners kits came with temperature sensors and relays...
Great idea but I'm lazy!

As a matter of interest, how much does the beginners kit cost. I do like the 💡.
19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Nice bit of switcheroony kit that it, but am just wondering how long the fans would need to run for to break even on the £13 cost? :whistle:
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:32 pm Nice bit of switcheroony kit that it, but am just wondering how long the fans would need to run for to break even on the £13 cost? :whistle:
I'm well out of spec for cost caring. Surely Kirkhill pays for it... when we know.. If not I'll claw it back from the weedfarm post GE. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:26 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:13 pm could this be a nice little project for an Arduino? (or similar)
Great idea but I'm lazy!

I got the stuff as a self-indulgent Christmas present to myself a few years ago, maybe £50, the attached should give a flavour of things as they were back then. Geekcreit seemed to be fine for knock-off stuff.
A friend alerted me to getting exta basic microcontrollers (5 for £15?) as I would inevitably see the magic smoke...
I have pdfs of my purchases but can't post them! Will try something else.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:56 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:26 pm
Great idea but I'm lazy!

I got the stuff as a self-indulgent Christmas present to myself a few years ago, maybe £50, the attached should give a flavour of things as they were back then. Geekcreit seemed to be fine for knock-off stuff.
A friend alerted me to getting exta basic microcontrollers (5 for £15?) as I would inevitably see the magic smoke...
Cool, I do like a switched, logic type cascade.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:28 pm I wonder if there is a off the shelf solution with temperature probe to switch the usb power on and off? Would quite like to automate this cooling system without cutting into it so it remains multipurpose.
Have a look at a 5v W1209: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295635746590
The case will be extra!
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:58 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:56 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:26 pm Great idea but I'm lazy!
Cool, I do like a switched, logic type cascade.
this sort of thing:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326178627629 or https://sea.banggood.com/Geekcreit-UNOR ... rehouse=CN
and https://m.banggood.com/45-IN-1-or-37-IN ... 19901.html

I haven't made as much progress through the Arduino tutorials as I should have...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:54 pm
resybaby wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:32 pm Nice bit of switcheroony kit that it, but am just wondering how long the fans would need to run for to break even on the £13 cost? :whistle:
I'm well out of spec for cost caring. Surely Kirkhill pays for it... when we know.. If not I'll claw it back from the weedfarm post GE. :D
Definately, some times its more about the enjoyment/interest/doing something different than the actual money saved.
Been using my A2A heatpump for a few days to cool the house - caught the condense and used it to water the strawberry plants. Far easier to grab the hose, but heck, thats no fun at all!
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:54 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:54 pm
Definately, some times its more about the enjoyment/interest/doing something different than the actual money saved.
Been using my A2A heatpump for a few days to cool the house - caught the condense and used it to water the strawberry plants. Far easier to grab the hose, but heck, thats no fun at all!
I like the sound of that circular aspect of that. We had a good belt of rain this afternoon so WBS on and clothes dryer out to play. Upgraded washing machine too with unit from house sale. We now have a delaystart function plus timer and a A+++ rated machine again, although on the old energy efficiency scale.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Snuggy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:37 am I am starting a new thread as the lest ended up being diverted to diverters! Then dried up

Can people say if they have had problems with any brands/warranties. Do any manufacturers have parts and labour?
Looking for an established supplier, gives a decent 10 - 15 year warranty as standard, a company that looks like they will be around for 10-15 years to honour it. I am looking to install a 9kw system.

Thanks
Snuggy,

You might want to take a look at the new stable of offerings from Duracell https://www.duracell.co.uk/productsev/ I haven't used then, I haven't heard of anyone who has and I haven't any affiliation to them BUT they seem to have an exceptional battery stacking capacity, complete interconnectivity and remote monitoring and operation and as Duracell have been around since Noah was a lad there should be some confidence that they wont disappear in two years time, as can sometimes be the case with other offerings, leaving you with a warranty that's not worth the paper its printed on.

I came across them yesterday while looking at the everything electric sight on the "U tube"

Moxi