Shedhenge

Mr Gus

Re: Shedhenge

Post by Mr Gus »

We need the patient skills of Robi here, his EWI was stunning (never said that about polystyrene before) & made it click on my head as to what is achievable.

Seeing the base levels (non block styrene) at the ground contact point & the reinforced "hanger" areas for pre-existing bits n bobs screwed into the walls was insightful (he was finishing off then garage area as the last of the job, wrangled around outward opening doors & explained sill areas which had previously put the wind up me somewhat.

Too make it harder on himself he had a deal that couldn't be refused on mounds of overly thick polystyrene (he was fitting the dark block type) so was splitting the poly face down the middle, numerous hot wire jigs ..patience of a saint to not take short cuts.

Lovely job, & a nice render finish, it was chalk & cheese between his & next door, a good advert for before & after.

Thing is, having googled the website address for the day course (lots of practical work) it was a hell of a traipse without a car, thus I've stalled booking a date (still have to dog sit the overly bouncy, brain not yet firing on all cylinders, overly joyful, boxer pup) wife putting in long hours at her new job.

Snaggletooth is a 4 paws Off the ground leaping boxer (a lot of work)

Shall I message him so you can hit up some questions if he pops on the boards (Desp & / or AE) ?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

One last question gents I promise.

Latest thinking is that due to roof limitations and etc to stick approx 3kW of panels in two strings on the house feeding a 3.6kW inverter with a bunch of pylontecks for storage, this all gets notified to the DNO which they hint will be straightforward. Then the shed array gets reconfigured and via a charge controller just charges the pylons, no grid or DNO involvement? I realise this means that if the pylons are fully charged the shed array will be sitting idle, but I think that will be a relatively rare occurrence and worth the penalty at least initially for ease of dealings with the DNO.

Is my logic sound-ish??

thanks

Desp
Blah blah blah
nowty

Post by nowty »

spread-tee wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:10 pm One last question gents I promise.

Latest thinking is that due to roof limitations and etc to stick approx 3kW of panels in two strings on the house feeding a 3.6kW inverter with a bunch of pylontecks for storage, this all gets notified to the DNO which they hint will be straightforward. Then the shed array gets reconfigured and via a charge controller just charges the pylons, no grid or DNO involvement? I realise this means that if the pylons are fully charged the shed array will be sitting idle, but I think that will be a relatively rare occurrence and worth the penalty at least initially for ease of dealings with the DNO.

Is my logic sound-ish??

thanks

Desp
DC side so no DNO involvement. 8-)
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Thanks Mate :D , right then I'm off to bimble with a pocket full of cash0 :ugeek:

Desp
Blah blah blah
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

spread-tee wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:22 pm Thanks Mate :D , right then I'm off to bimble with a pocket full of cash0 :ugeek:

Desp
Exciting times! Let us know what you get. :D
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Impressed with Bimble's service so far. Just had an email letting me know the six panels I ordered last Friday are arriving today.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Well there's no going back now Mrs Desp just spent north of seven grand on a solis hybrid inverter, 7kWhr of pylons and 4.8kW of panels plus a whole bunch of ancillarys, Ha there's no stopping her............ TBH it was some spondoolicks I inherited from my Mum when she croaked a few years ago since when it has been sitting in the bank shrinking. So we both feel pretty happy investing it into the house especially given the state of the countries finances and the energy market etc.

Quite a lot of it is awaiting stock but I am assured it is due in within a couple of weeks, and in any case we are booked up solid for the rest of the year with work so when it will go up I am not sure, I would like to think before the end of the year.

No doubt I will be back wit more questions so forgive me in advance :D

Desp
Blah blah blah
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Get those who are Your inner trade circle in to do some practical learning on something that's going to be asked of them more in coming years as a test run before they spend out on a course maybe?

Many hands, a few gazebo's & a beefy bbq. If need be card board covers & tarp over till it's ready for the sparky.I

They'll be uni-strutting their stuff in no time. 😆

...I'm already wearing my coat.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

spread-tee wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:57 pm Well there's no going back now Mrs Desp just spent north of seven grand on a solis hybrid inverter, 7kWhr of pylons and 4.8kW of panels plus a whole bunch of ancillarys, Ha there's no stopping her............ TBH it was some spondoolicks I inherited from my Mum when she croaked a few years ago since when it has been sitting in the bank shrinking. So we both feel pretty happy investing it into the house especially given the state of the countries finances and the energy market etc.

Quite a lot of it is awaiting stock but I am assured it is due in within a couple of weeks, and in any case we are booked up solid for the rest of the year with work so when it will go up I am not sure, I would like to think before the end of the year.

No doubt I will be back wit more questions so forgive me in advance :D

Desp
That's a great idea to spend an inheritance on. Looking forward to seeing it go up. Your Mum would be proud.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Well Christmas comes early here, Bimble called to say the panels are due for delivery next Wednesday. Stand by for more clambering about on the roof, mind you work is so busy I am not sure where the tuits are coming from. :?:

Desp
Blah blah blah