Shedhenge

nowty

Re: Shedhenge

Post by nowty »

spread-tee wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:51 pm Well that's a bummer, Bimble have just e-mailed to say they now don't know when these panels will be in stock as there is a legal wrangle between the original solar farm investors, or something :?: So whereas they were expecting them in a few weeks now they don't know.
I am a bit miffed they take the funds and then work out if/when they can supply.............

So hold fire on that estimated 3000kWhr Nowty
spread-tee wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:57 pm Well there's no going back now Mrs Desp just spent north of seven grand on a solis hybrid inverter, 7kWhr of pylons and 4.8kW of panels plus a whole bunch of ancillarys, Ha there's no stopping her............
spread-tee wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:43 pm Well Christmas comes early here, Bimble called to say the panels are due for delivery next Wednesday. Stand by for more clambering about on the roof, mind you work is so busy I am not sure where the tuits are coming from. :?:

Desp
Looks like I don't need to hold fire on my 3000 kWh estimation anymore, and I'm going to have to increase it to 4000 kWh for the Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation club. :mrgreen:
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=13&t=922
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

nowty wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:58 pm
spread-tee wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:51 pm Well that's a bummer, Bimble have just e-mailed to say they now don't know when these panels will be in stock as there is a legal wrangle between the original solar farm investors, or something :?: So whereas they were expecting them in a few weeks now they don't know.
I am a bit miffed they take the funds and then work out if/when they can supply.............

So hold fire on that estimated 3000kWhr Nowty
spread-tee wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:57 pm Well there's no going back now Mrs Desp just spent north of seven grand on a solis hybrid inverter, 7kWhr of pylons and 4.8kW of panels plus a whole bunch of ancillarys, Ha there's no stopping her............
spread-tee wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:43 pm Well Christmas comes early here, Bimble called to say the panels are due for delivery next Wednesday. Stand by for more clambering about on the roof, mind you work is so busy I am not sure where the tuits are coming from. :?:

Desp
Looks like I don't need to hold fire on my 3000 kWh estimation anymore, and I'm going to have to increase it to 4000 kWh for the Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation club. :mrgreen:
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=13&t=922
Cool :D
Blah blah blah
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

It will be great, can still catch plenty power in the Autumnal period with next May Big Blast to look forward to. I found that SWMBO was game to help in all my RE adventures and came up with some excellent ideas along the way. What make of panel did you go for?
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Hi Joe

I will be lucky to get this lot up in the next couple of months, we have months of work all booked in, still a nice problem to have.

We went for Canadian Solar 410W, 12 of the beasties to find a home for, along with the 9 60W Kinve panels. The plan is to use the smaller panels to fill in the gaps up on the main roof around the dormers and Veluxes. Then whatever is left over will be fixed on the shed and woodstore roofs, that said the plan will evolve to something completely different no doubt :lol:

Likewise Mrs Desp is very keen to get this all up and running and has been more than supportive, basically she organises my whole life and I swing hammers, shovels, scaffold boards..............and do the washing up :D I know my place.

Desp
Blah blah blah
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

spread-tee wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:06 am Hi Joe

I will be lucky to get this lot up in the next couple of months, we have months of work all booked in, still a nice problem to have.

We went for Canadian Solar 410W, 12 of the beasties to find a home for, along with the 9 60W Kinve panels. The plan is to use the smaller panels to fill in the gaps up on the main roof around the dormers and Veluxes. Then whatever is left over will be fixed on the shed and woodstore roofs, that said the plan will evolve to something completely different no doubt :lol:

Likewise Mrs Desp is very keen to get this all up and running and has been more than supportive, basically she organises my whole life and I swing hammers, shovels, scaffold boards..............and do the washing up :D I know my place.

Desp
I know where you are coming from, much the same here. SWMBO bought me this today for a quid in a 2nd hand shop. The irony of a sledge hammer! No prizes for guessing which one I am! :lol:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:57 pm
I know where you are coming from, much the same here. SWMBO bought me this today for a quid in a 2nd hand shop. The irony of a sledge hammer! No prizes for guessing which one I am! :lol:

Image ? I know your feeling.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:38 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:57 pm

Image ? I know your feeling.
:D :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

For a moment there I thought that was my mugshot, but no.....too much hair :roll:

I am wondering where the best place to site the batteries , inverter, and charge controller now things are getting nearer to reality. Basically we have three options

1 the conservatory, the cons would be, summer heat, not an easy cable run but the advantages would be, lots of room, easy access, above potential flooding.

2 Understairs, the cons Fire risk, tight for room, displacement of various junk, potential flood damage. Ads, next to consumer units.

3 Loft bed/living room. Cons noise at night? Fumes?? The ads, good access, easy cable runs, plenty of room.

My preferred option is up in the loft as apart from lugging it all up the stairs the install will be pretty straight forward, I could easily incorporate a smoke/heat alarm or even a fire suppression system to reduce the fire risks. I was thinking it would all go in a fire proof-ish enclosure anyway.

Any thoughts?

Ta Desp
Blah blah blah
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

How hot does it get in the loft? I have been surprised at the amount of heat that comes from our inverter/charger, especially when charging. The case gets too hot to comfortably hold your hand against, and the internals of the inverter regularly exceed 50°C. That's in a pretty cool shed, in a shady location. Add in the summer heat in a loft and things may just get a bit too toasty, perhaps?
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

It gets no hotter than ambient mostly, we slept up here quite comfortably during the heatwave a few weeks ago, it is a large airy living/bedroom with four pretty decent size windows. If I had to put a number on it I would say 35 C max at the hottest afternoon outdoor temp.

Ta
Blah blah blah