Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Joeboy

Re: Being a microgeneration site for the grid

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:22 am Working out very nicely there for you JB.
Never ceases to amaze me how small amounts add up over a period of time, yet most folk (certainly in my wider circle) just dont see it.
My boss for example buys a coffee from costafortune each morning on the way to work, at £3 a pop that works out quite pricey each month, sits in a chair right next to my kettle too, barmy really.

Am trying to persuade my Swmbo that she needs an extra bank of Colin Diy batteries on her Pylon stack, given doctors timescales for me to get her set up seem a bit more 'lengthy' than they first said. Meeting resistence at the moment but am working on it :facepalm:

Addictive this malarky
Worst case and long distant i'm sure. A couple of us can rock up at yours and fit them. Aye, the ship would have to be YEARS late for that scenario to play out. 8-)

Our daughter was horrendous for coffee and sandwiches. Over a couple of years I gently dropped in wee scenarios on how much it all costs and what she could have instead and then eventually onto what it could have earned her. Eventually the penny dropped and she is now a monthly saver and looks with disdain at her co workers locked in the Star/Pret cycle. She's also taken to quoting me my own stuff as her original thoughts, which I love dearly. :D

Some of the debt stories she has told me about her young co workers would literally turn my hair grey if it wasn't there already.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:30 am
Worst case and long distant i'm sure. A couple of us can rock up at yours and fit them. Aye, the ship would have to be YEARS late for that scenario to play out. 8-)

Our daughter was horrendous for coffee and sandwiches. Over a couple of years I gently dropped in wee scenarios on how much it all costs and what she could have instead and then eventually onto what it could have earned her. Eventually the penny dropped and she is now a monthly saver and looks with disdain at her co workers locked in the Star/Pret cycle. She's also taken to quoting me my own stuff as her original thoughts, which I love dearly. :D

Some of the debt stories she has told me about her young co workers would literally turn my hair grey if it wasn't there already.
[/quote]

Well that would be a mighty long trip southwards, im in Newquay/cornwall so whilst would be v welcome in these parts i wouldnt dream of it, but may just try and blab a quick wiring schematic one day to see how they link in. Im a plumber so anything copper to me has water in the middle!
Walked the Great Glen way last April with mrsResy, drove up from here to Inverness over night, easy journey but boy did it go on and on and on, took me 12 hours non stop in the motor.
Lovely country is Scotland, hoped to get back this summer but no joy unfortunately.
Recommend the Great Glen if anyone enjoys a wee stroll.

Floating cafe, The Eagle Barge at Laggan Locks near Spean Bridge.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

For anyone starting out on the Octopus export contract.

We sent Octopus a nudge to pay us after 6 weeks on export contract and requested that they pay us monthly going forward.

Very quick response within 24hrs and first export payment has been made. :)

This is worth doing. Both the contract and the nudge. :D

Really impressed with the service & professionalism displayed throughout. :xl:

"Hello Joe,

Thank you for getting in touch. I hope you are well.

I have fixed up the billing of the import and export for your electricity and issued you an up to date statement(should be with you shortly). Going forward this should be done automatically, please drop me an email if this is not the case and I shall troubleshoot. "

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees