Corner turned

Moxi

Re: Corner turned

Post by Moxi »

DC's pages this evening

Flat Tee Plate - Type (P1031)
Product Code: D007G5

3 Hole Flat Tee Plate Mild Steel Hot Dipped Galvanised - (HDG) Plate Thickness -..
£0.58

Qty Price
50+ £0.56
100+ £0.55

Maybe their courier costs have gone up or more likely they have standardised on dispatch quantities ?? Might be worth going back to your scrappy for the other bits if you have spare cash?

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:30 pm The price of Steel has gone through the roof recently so I am not surprised the price is up - i enjoyed the build process and mecano feel of the unistrut so I will keep my eyes open for bargain items and build up a store of bits for future projects. I know that Direct Channel do a Friday special deals page so thats always a good stalking date.

CEF also stock and occasionally have clearance items.

What I am looking out for more than anything at the minute is some more channel either slotted or plain 41mm and 21mm then I can do some other projects that now seem much easier to achieve than previously.

I will have to break out the DC welder at some point and get my hand and eye coordination back on the game to do some fabrication work too.

Moxi
Moxi

Are we looking at the same company as I've just looked at their website and single T's are showing at 48p each?
Edit - Yes we are +VAT.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi Fintray,

I think the biggest change from your purchase to mine appears to be that they no longer sell in multiples of less than 50 (or whatever a full pack turns out as) so buying singles seems to be a case of going to their site on Amazon where the fifteen quid was quoted :shock:

If I find anywhere cheaper for any bits whilst on my searches I will flag them up on the forum for those interested.

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:31 pm Hi Fintray,

I think the biggest change from your purchase to mine appears to be that they no longer sell in multiples of less than 50 (or whatever a full pack turns out as) so buying singles seems to be a case of going to their site on Amazon where the fifteen quid was quoted :shock:

If I find anywhere cheaper for any bits whilst on my searches I will flag them up on the forum for those interested.

Moxi
Hi Moxi

I've just put 20 of the T's into my basket on their website and it's coming in at £11.52, I don't see anything about ordering full packs only?
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hmmm Bu££er!

I wonder if I ordered that bundle through Amazon then and fell foul of things that way - I will go check after tea, I hope i have made a mistake as there would be times when i want to buy oddments and not box loads.

Cheers Fintray you may just have made life that little bit easier :D

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Yeah that’s where I came unstuck I was on Direct channel but via Amazon :roll:

Sometimes there’s good offers on the zon pages but equally sometimes there’s some awful priced stuff as well.

On the plus side a very average day of weather still got me 2kWh today and I got the other panel fitted. All I have left to do is wire the panels together and fit a mount for the inverter batteries and charge controller option and away we go.

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Glad you got it sussed and that you are nearer getting the extra panels connected.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Couldn’t post the image earlier.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Looks great!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Nice and very black, what type are they ?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3