Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Re: Balcony solar PV

Post by Joeboy »

If anyone else in Scotland is fancying an array extension. The guys name is Jay and he is excellent to deal with. Dropped from £45 per panel to £40.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/250w ... 1481419377

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A mixed bag this afternoon.

The Hoymiles micro isn't here. Should have arrived 10 days ago. Contacted the shop in Germany, see if they can chase this.

All four 245W poly panels from Leith cleaned and tested. Outputting nicely. Best seen on a changing solar day is 5.2A.

The Enphase IQ7 micro inverter brought back from Turkey fired up no problem for testing on the poly panels.

So there's a compatability issue between its UK setting and theTurkish grid. Hopefully the Hoymiles unit will have more auto flexibility for over there than the rigid settings of the Enphase? Surmising this while hoping but as I don't have access to an Envoy to reprogramme, it's a moot point.

I know from anecdotal tales that there can be a fair bit of voltage movement in the Turkish grid. Worst case the IQ7 & Hoymiles units will work here and I'll find an offgrid solution for Turkeys mighty 200W of panels. :)

A few photos of my incredibly rough lash up for testing this afternoon. It was great to see each panels cranking Amps. :ugeek:

Many gardening projects to do though before I can get away with any install of this system. :roll:

Panels stored the noo at the front logstore. I'll get it all installed hopefully before I need access to that store. :freezing: :xl:

There is something quite epic in seeing old used gear springing into life. 8-)

Cost to date
4 of 245W panels £160
100 mtr roll 4mm DC cable £48
10 of mc4 sets £10
Hoymiles field connection £10
Running total £228

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

Brilliant stuff
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:16 pmBrilliant stuff
Cheers AGT, might squeak one starter panel up on the shed Monday to get the Enphase IQ7 outputting. I hate to see stuff lieing about un used.

I noticed what looks like a huge PV array install (framework) going in on South side of Dundee beside the first roundabout, left handside (huge works going on in that area). Was past fast though so just a glimpse of it. Got a 113kW rate 5min charge at SSE new hub on Octopus electroverse card. Which means in a way that the newly found joy of Export paid for the 5kWh I needed to squeak back through the door at home. 8-)

Up at half 5 for tea in bootroom with SWMBO at 06.00. She suggested first panel to go up. Some lassie! :)

Hoymiles HMS1000 2T ordered.

Cost to date
4 of 245W panels £160
100 mtr roll 4mm DC cable £48
10 of mc4 sets £10
Hoymiles field connection £10
Hoymiles HMS 1000 2T £180
Running total £408
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

At this rate you'll Soon have Swmbo suggesting to you that her previously out of bounds 'over my dead body' summerhouse gets a few panels added up top.

Id get some sneaky measurements done in the meantime, so you can strike immeadiately on her nailed on change of heart.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 7 x 570w JA solar panels
7.08kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:25 am At this rate you'll Soon have Swmbo suggesting to you that her previously out of bounds 'over my dead body' summerhouse gets a few panels added up top.

Id get some sneaky measurements done in the meantime, so you can strike immeadiately on her nailed on change of heart.
TBH, it's the one place she is adamant she doesn't want to look onto panels. With the latitude she has given me over the years I just couldn't.

Although Depending on Turkey outcome I might end up with a spare Hoymiles 350 unit for a temporary Winter guerilla placement....

P.S, the cabin roof could easily carry 4 of 800W panels on just one side. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

:ugeek:
It was heading that way anyway. :twisted:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

Will keep an eye open when I pass- that roundabout is getting. Traffic lights etc due to the council approving a new housing scheme close by, and then the new owners complaining about the time to get out onto the roundabout.

All good to be honest as it can be a nightmare to try and get over the roundabout if you are going against the main commuter flow
richbee

Post by richbee »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:12 pm A mixed bag this afternoon.

The Hoymiles micro isn't here. Should have arrived 10 days ago. Contacted the shop in Germany, see if they can chase this.

All four 245W poly panels from Leith cleaned and tested. Outputting nicely. Best seen on a changing solar day is 5.2A.

The Enphase IQ7 micro inverter brought back from Turkey fired up no problem for testing on the poly panels.

So there's a compatability issue between its UK setting and theTurkish grid. Hopefully the Hoymiles unit will have more auto flexibility for over there than the rigid settings of the Enphase? Surmising this while hoping but as I don't have access to an Envoy to reprogramme, it's a moot point.

I know from anecdotal tales that there can be a fair bit of voltage movement in the Turkish grid. Worst case the IQ7 & Hoymiles units will work here and I'll find an offgrid solution for Turkeys mighty 200W of panels. :)

I know my Hoymiles trips out as soon as the voltage hits 253, and takes a good few minutes to cut back again once it drops
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W