Great October!

Stinsy

Great October!

Post by Stinsy »

What a cracking October so far! By midday yesterday (16th) I’d already done better than the whole of last October.

Days are much shorter now and my shading issues are in full effect so I’m not hopeful for the 2nd half.

How are you chaps fairing?

(GCH remains off too.)
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Re: Great October!

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:27 am What a cracking October so far! By midday yesterday (16th) I’d already done better than the whole of last October.

Days are much shorter now and my shading issues are in full effect so I’m not hopeful for the 2nd half.

How are you chaps fairing?

(GCH remains off too.)
Had about 200kWh in so far this month compared to 118kWh for whole of Oct 21. Pretty happy with that. Definitely worth growing the system. I have more tree pruning to do when I get back as shading has kicked in big time in the AM.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Similar here, generated 180kWh, used 87kWh off-peak, 0kWh peak, so far this month. No heating on yet, still pretty warm here, 22.1°C in the hall when I got up this morning.

I doubt it will be long before we first start to heat the house, though. All it takes is a few days with the temperature in single digits for the house to start to cool down a bit. So far we've been lucky, in that the cooler spells have been very short, just a few hours overnight, and short cool spells don't really have any effect on the house temperature (because of the long decrement delay time).
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:48 am Similar here, generated 180kWh, used 87kWh off-peak, 0kWh peak, so far this month. No heating on yet, still pretty warm here, 22.1°C in the hall when I got up this morning.

I doubt it will be long before we first start to heat the house, though. All it takes is a few days with the temperature in single digits for the house to start to cool down a bit. So far we've been lucky, in that the cooler spells have been very short, just a few hours overnight, and short cool spells don't really have any effect on the house temperature (because of the long decrement delay time).
This October has been much warmer than last year. Although a cold week now could skew it my figure for gas (cooking and heating) is only 2/3 of what it was last year. (I have figures for October up to the 25th as that is when my tarrif changes.)
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

For us so far October has been carp but that's not down to the weather our Inverter packed up in early Sept. Thankfully our installer is due to swap out the old and replace with new tomorrow pm. Can't wait!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Oct is above average here, 424 kWh so far out of a baseline of 592 kWh for the whole of October. But shading on the rear garden panels is really starting to bite.

I was going to say it feels milder but the official mean temp for here is average and same as last Oct.

External import is well down on last Oct, I think mainly due to my A2A HP's being more efficient (at least at this time of year) than my GSHP. There has also been a couple of windows replaced with triple glazing and some other minor insulation improvements.

And external import equally balanced from WT1 output. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Todays one of those last decent days for the year, most things full and water distiller operating.
Having to dump the excess into the EV. 8-)

Wall to wall sunshine and the temporary winter decking panels are giving that little bit extra. :twisted:

A good 6kW coming in till the autumn shade hits mid afternoon. :evil:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Much the same here, hot water 100%, battery 100%, EV charging, got about another 2 hours to go to 100%. I expect we'll be exporting to the grid later this afternoon.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

394.4Kwh so far here! And they say it only rains in Wales!

Everything full, battery, car, washing machine and tumble dryer on, still exporting 3.6Kw

Our DIY install! Picture taken early morning, shading by house chimney! :D

14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
nowty

Post by nowty »

NikoV6 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:33 pm 394.4Kwh so far here! And they say it only rains in Wales!

Everything full, battery, car, washing machine and tumble dryer on, still exporting 3.6Kw

Our DIY install! Picture taken early morning, shading by house chimney! :D

Looks a great innovative use of space. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3