Monitoring & Controlling a Hybrid Solis Inverter

MrPablo

Re: Monitoring & Controlling a Hybrid Solis Inverter

Post by MrPablo »

That's a bit of an odd one, we'd have to look at the debug messages to work it out I think.
Do you need to change the schedules times each day, due to being on Agile or something?
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
SonsOfHigSolar

Post by SonsOfHigSolar »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I've just been messing about with it and it appears that isn't exactly the issue! For some reason I can set any charge times which are on the same date but if they span over midnight it refuses to set them even from the inverter screen itself. Very odd. I don't think this happened before but it's definitely an issue now! The debugs aren't enlightening as the message is going through normally without issues but the inverter is just ignoring it if it spans midnight....

If this is a regular issue (it will be likely as as you said, I'm on agile and the cheap times are commonly spanning midnight) then I will have to possibly work out a flow to set it up until midnight and then calculate what else it needs to set after midnight and send another message.

Please let me know if I'm missing something critical, otherwise I'm going to break my brain designing that function node later this evening :(

Cheers!
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

Ah yeah, that'll be it as I've seen the same when trying to set up an Intelligent Octopus schedule for a friend.
We ended up with 23:30 - 23:59 in one slot, 00:00 - 05:29 in the second.

Good luck with the function to split it!
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
SonsOfHigSolar

Post by SonsOfHigSolar »

Dear Mr Pablo,

That makes me feel better! At least it doesn't look like I've broken the inverter yet. I've sorted the split block flow and it's working well now thankfully. Do you know how I can get the code in here in case someone else can use it on their journey? :D Can I upload the JSON file or something like that? It doesn't look like there's an attach file option?
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

I ended up putting the JSON file on my Google drive and posting a public link here, perhaps you could do something similar?
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
SonsOfHigSolar

Post by SonsOfHigSolar »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfQFXr ... p=drivesdk

That's my flow. Please can you see if it works?
SonsOfHigSolar

Post by SonsOfHigSolar »

Hi, just a quick update to say I've got it all working beautifully and living the dream. Thank you for everything!
SonsOfHigSolar

Post by SonsOfHigSolar »

Dear Mr Pablo,

I'd just like to say thank you so much for all your help you've given me with setting up my inverter controlling program! It's working beautifully without a fault for the last month and I'm ecstatic about it!

I'm thinking of having a back up circuit fitted and I was just wondering if you could possibly show me how to set up the buffer parsers that you've made so I can query different settings on the inverter (such as back up status and voltage, power etc) as I can't for the life of me work out how you've set those buffers up :D do you have to know the offset number of the specific register number perchance? I'm struggling to see how it works.

Thank you once again for any help you can give, you're a legend.
James
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

Hi James,

Good to hear it's been working well! The Solis isn't the smartest out of the box so I'm glad this has worked well for someone else too!
Unfortunately I won't be able to get to my computer for a day or two, but once I'm back then I'll grab some screenshots and write up a bit of detail that will hopefully explain it better.
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
SonsOfHigSolar

Post by SonsOfHigSolar »

Dear Mr Pablo,

That's lovely thank you! Speak in a few days :)