GivEnergy equipment and experiences?

nowty

Re: GivEnergy equipment and experiences?

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:01 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:34 am
Yuff wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:01 am Hi AE

Have you got the app set up yet with the quick set buttons?
There are 4 buttons you can use, fully discharge, fully charge, discharge battery to home and pause.
These are the ones you need.
The inverter settings will dictate the charging rates but when you set the app up and the quick set buttons, you will get an info box explaining each button.
Thanks for that, maybe where I went wrong. I had assumed the app was a lite version of the dashboard etc which I prefer to access on my laptop. I did notice stuff about the app in the user manual but hadn't realised it was more important or powerful than the controls in "My Inverter" page. Maybe I'll borrow SWMBO's tablet for that, she will like to see the info from the home screen too, if she wants to look!
Hi

Have you got GevEnergy doing what you want it to do now?

I have received a quote for 2*5.2kWh GivEnergy batteries and a 3kW GivEnergy battery charger/inverter plus all the bits. I don't want hybrid. Is it good kit and is £5350 installed a reasonable price?

John
Your not going to get it installed for much cheaper and even if you did it DIY there would be 20% VAT to add on. My rule of thumb is £500 for installation and up to £300 for all the bits. Its amazing how much "bits" add up to these days.

Midsummer sell that kit for £4,445 (ex VAT) without all the bits and you can add on another £100 for delivery.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

John_S wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:01 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:34 am
Yuff wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:01 am Hi AE

Have you got the app set up yet with the quick set buttons?
There are 4 buttons you can use, fully discharge, fully charge, discharge battery to home and pause.
These are the ones you need.
The inverter settings will dictate the charging rates but when you set the app up and the quick set buttons, you will get an info box explaining each button.
Thanks for that, maybe where I went wrong. I had assumed the app was a lite version of the dashboard etc which I prefer to access on my laptop. I did notice stuff about the app in the user manual but hadn't realised it was more important or powerful than the controls in "My Inverter" page. Maybe I'll borrow SWMBO's tablet for that, she will like to see the info from the home screen too, if she wants to look!
Hi
Have you got GevEnergy doing what you want it to do now?
John
Unfortunately not. My Handover pack shows a phone/tablet screen like yours, I have the first (with a batt in bottom RH corner as I have no EV) but I can't get to the second one where I should find buttons 7 to 11.
My app says it is V 3.3.7.5131 the App user guide I was given says V1.0! My home screen has home" and "away" options for the data source, the manual says it should be "Real Time" or "Global!" Not impressed. :head-bang:
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

I have just had a 5 kw Gen 1 hybrid inverter replaced with a Gen 3 hybrid inverter and it seems one of the batteries is having a paddy and not talking to the other battery at the moment.
GivEnergy support sorted it out yesterday and said there was a difference in voltage between the 2 batteries and the slave battery choose not to discharge whilst fully charged.
The same has happened again today. :fan:
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
John_S

Post by John_S »

Thanks for all the replies.

Nowty - I had seen Midsummer's prices and agree my quote looks very good.

Yuff and AE-NM
I hope you get things sorted out. This is cause for concern. Please update if you get it sorted.

Given that the supplier shows photos of Pylontech batteries on their website, I have asked them why they prefer GivEnergy and to Pylontech and for a quote using Pylontech.

John
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

The slave battery has just kicked into action, when I had charged the master up, no idea why
To be fair to GivEnergy they have been pretty good at support and I’ve had 15 months of pretty minimal issues.
Hoping to get a set up like 94JDH in the next couple of weeks.
2 inverters with two 9.5 kWh batteries on each inverter.
GivEnergy say it works but can have a few issues with one battery charging another but they have a new product in the pipeline to combat this called EMS.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

John_S wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:12 pm Thanks for all the replies.

Nowty - I had seen Midsummer's prices and agree my quote looks very good.

Yuff and AE-NM
I hope you get things sorted out. This is cause for concern. Please update if you get it sorted.

Given that the supplier shows photos of Pylontech batteries on their website, I have asked them why they prefer GivEnergy and to Pylontech and for a quote using Pylontech.

John
Inverter had factory firmware installed, has been updated today and working normally….. :xx:
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
John_S

Post by John_S »

That is good to hear.

I asked the quoter about GivEnergy v Pylontech and got the reply:

Good afternoon John,
Thank you for your reply.
GivEnergy has become our preferred supplier for inverters and battery storage, this is primarily for the following reasons:
12-year warranty for both inverters and batteries
Can be installed outdoors
Modular design for up to five batteries per inverter
Large UK-based customer support
Inverters, Batteries, EV chargers all supplied by the same manufacturer

We do still install Pylontech batteries and have many working site using their systems, however, the 5 year warranty on the batteries we felt was not as competitive.

For us to supply and install 2 x US5000 Pylon Batteries and a Solis 3kW AC Charger Inverter would cost £4,629.87

Looks a no brainer to me. £900 (edit correct figure is £720) less than GivEnergy. Any comments? Outdoors installation unnecessary unless really preferred by insurance companies.

PS I have 2.1kWp 2010 FIT PV and am in the process of moving from deemed export to 15p export with an EV and IOG tariff. Benefit of 10.4kWh GivEnergy v 9.6kWh is minimal to me.

John
Last edited by John_S on Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krill

Post by Krill »

£900 is almost the cost of another US5000 battery looking at current prices...
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
John_S

Post by John_S »

I have decided to go for the Pylontechs.

I am rather confused whether it needs to be a G98 or G99 application and am getting conflicting information.

I have 2.1kWp of solar PV installed in 2010 and the battery inverter is 3kw ie under 3.68kW or does the DNO add the two together?

My DNO is Southern Electric. Octopus are applying for an export MPAN number for me and, after I chased them today, I discovered that the DNO rejected their application on a technicality and it has now expired and they are reapplying today.

Do I need an export MPAN number before I have the batteries installed?

John
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:55 pm I have decided to go for the Pylontechs.

I am rather confused whether it needs to be a G98 or G99 application and am getting conflicting information.

I have 2.1kWp of solar PV installed in 2010 and the battery inverter is 3kw ie under 3.68kW or does the DNO add the two together?

My DNO is Southern Electric. Octopus are applying for an export MPAN number for me and, after I chased them today, I discovered that the DNO rejected their application on a technicality and it has now expired and they are reapplying today.

Do I need an export MPAN number before I have the batteries installed?

John
As both inverters are not over 3.68kW and as long as both inverters together are limited to 3.68kW grid export it’s the easiest form of G99 fastrack. The process seems to keep subtly changing but for the better. Sounds like yours would be the easiest SGI-1. It’s now a post install notification and G100 limiting info not required for your case as a 3kW battery inverter is inherently limited and takes account of any export from the separate FIT system as it measures export at the grid point.

You don’t need an export MPAN number before the batteries are installed.

https://www.ssen.co.uk/our-services/new ... k-process/
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3