Pylontech battery DIP switch settings

Moxi

Pylontech battery DIP switch settings

Post by Moxi »

I wonder if I can ask the nature of the DIP switches on the Pylontech's please, over time I have read in different places that they are:

a) subsidiary to the main comms and do not need to be used

b) have a specific setting to identify the mater battery only

c) each battery has its own setting for identification and comms

Originally when I commissioned my system I stuck with (a) and its worked ok BUT I do periodically get some odd alarms and so I thought I would ask if someone could give me and anyone else wanting to understand better the definitive answer to the DIP switches please?

Moxi
Stinsy

Re: Pylontech battery DIP switch settings

Post by Stinsy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:11 pm I wonder if I can ask the nature of the DIP switches on the Pylontech's please, over time I have read in different places that they are:

a) subsidiary to the main comms and do not need to be used

b) have a specific setting to identify the mater battery only

c) each battery has its own setting for identification and comms

Originally when I commissioned my system I stuck with (a) and its worked ok BUT I do periodically get some odd alarms and so I thought I would ask if someone could give me and anyone else wanting to understand better the definitive answer to the DIP switches please?

Moxi
They control the baud rate of the serial connector. You don’t need to bother with them.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

It is in the manual but unless you are using RS485 communication you should leave them off.
Many people seem to think you use them if you have more that one battery which is not correct- its only if you have more than one battery bank.
If you are having errors check the cable. Pins 1
to 3 must not be connected. You only need 4 and 5 connected for CAN communication.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

I have 5 in my stack (too more in the boot of the ca now).

Installer left mine all as option A
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation