Is G99 approval time sensitive?

Snuggy

Is G99 approval time sensitive?

Post by Snuggy »

Hi, still struggling on trying to decide which installer and what equipment.

So delays in getting quotes etc has meant that no install can take place til mid October now as we have commitments which mean we wont really be at hoe to make sure things are up and running smoothly.

What I want to know therefore is if there is any limit on the G99 approval. When you get it is there a stipulation that the installation must be done within say 3 months or the approval lapses?

Thanks
openspaceman

Re: Is G99 approval time sensitive?

Post by openspaceman »

UK Powernetworks gave me a year to complete the install and submit documentation for the commissioning.

It lapsed because of failure to get a competent electrician.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
Snuggy

Post by Snuggy »

Thanks, that is very helpful as we are with UKPowernetworks too :D
Snuggy

Post by Snuggy »

Just in case anyone else is looking, I now have 3 different answers.

Open spaceman was given a year, did you invoke extensions, was this long ago? May be they have tightened up?
The potential installer says 60 days

A National grid document says this:
A connection offer will provide a description of the non-contestable and contestable works to be carried out in order to
provide the customer with their required connections and the associated charges for us to carry out those works. The
connection offer will include a letter of acceptance. The signing of the letter of acceptance enters the Customer into a
binding contract for the works.
Connection offers are valid for 90 days after which they automatically expire.
There are circumstances we may enable a single extension to the validity of the acceptance for a further 90 day
period, provided there is no detrimental impact to other customers in the connection queue. To request an extension
the Customer must submit a request, in writing, no more than 10days prior to the original connection offer validity
expiry date. Upon receipt, we will confirm the revised expiry date or issue a letter outlining the reasons for refusal of
the request.
We may withdraw a connection offer if the project is not progressing at a reasonable rate.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Remember that G99 does include large scale solar and wind farms so I doubt you'd move down a queue for a domestic inverter.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
marshman

Post by marshman »

Unless the process has changed in the last 12 months there are TWO deadlines.

1. You have 3 months (90 days) to accept the "offer". Basically accept, sign and return the form - can be done by email. This just says you agree to the "offer"/ conditions and will go ahead with the install.

2. You then have a further 12 months to complete the installation and return the paperwork/forms they have requested in the offer letter.

Miss either deadline and the offer lapses and you have to do a new application.

This applies to UK Power Networks. Can't comment on other DNO's
Snuggy

Post by Snuggy »

Thank you marshman, that is really helpful.
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

marshman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:28 pm Unless the process has changed in the last 12 months there are TWO deadlines.

1. You have 3 months (90 days) to accept the "offer". Basically accept, sign and return the form - can be done by email. This just says you agree to the "offer"/ conditions and will go ahead with the install.

2. You then have a further 12 months to complete the installation and return the paperwork/forms they have requested in the offer letter.

Miss either deadline and the offer lapses and you have to do a new application.

This applies to UK Power Networks. Can't comment on other DNO's
Yes that was my understanding
Morso S11
FIT
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
Storage
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

Snuggy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:49 pm

Open spaceman was given a year, did you invoke extensions, was this long ago? May be they have tightened up?
The potential installer says 60 days
No extensions and it ran out in January 2024

There was an anomaly in that the offer was for 5.68kW maximum export. My original FIT accounted for 3.68kW of that and my application was for an additional 2kW, if you see my sig I already have generation capacity of ~7kW as the Growatt can export, though it never has, and it was on the form. All moot now so I am letting sleeping dogs lie.
Morso S11
FIT
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
Storage
Snuggy

Post by Snuggy »

openspaceman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:37 pm My original FIT accounted for 3.68kW of that and my application was for an additional 2kW
So does this mean in the worse case scenario of being pulled back to 3.68 or whatever that I can re apply? Hopefully the "rooftop revolution" will improve things as the idea is to get more generation in the south?