Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
Moxi

Re: Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Post by Moxi »

Yes we finally got a duct laid around April of this year, I have pulled one 16 amp three core through and fitted a double weather proof socket and we have a small stainless steel kiosk to fit out with a local distribution board so that I can get some solar in the gardens and some extra batteries in the precast concrete workshop / shed / kids toys / the wife’s cast off furniture store - more the latter than the former sadly.

The car just charges off the type one as we normally have some excess power in an afternoon. We have had quite a bit of sun power since the duct was fitted and I control the charge via the car app and monitoring the Solis charge rate on the batteries. Not as slick as most folks systems but it does the job admirably enough for my current ( get it 😄), needs.

Being able to access the gardens potentially allows me to fit much more solar - I just need to figure out how much where and how to mount to deal with the weather we get at our elevation.

Moxi
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

I am finally joining the EV ranks, picking up a 2021 Kia E-Niro on Friday.
64kWh of battery vs 16.5kWh at home. Really puts it into perspective about how much energy it takes to move a car!
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
64kWh Kia E-Niro
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Congratulations. :xl:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update time,
A few more members, plus other improvements within the membership of the secret list. :mrgreen:

It seems some members have been extra busy with enhancements. :xx:

And now with “associate members” to my secret list. These are family or close friends of Camelot members who have installed a system on their property or bought into the Ripple Coop projects, and crucially the Camelot member had some significant bearing on it.

For example, someone on here persuaded their sibling to install a solar and battery system and another bought some Ripple project for their grown up children.

We now have 155 registered members and 20 associate members on this secret list, the collective keeps spreading its tentacles. :twisted:

In an average year 175 Camelot members will generate 909 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 314 MWh remotely.

Onsite Generation
PV - 845 MWh
Wind - 62 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
Total - 909 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
Ripple GF - 51 MWh
Ripple KH - 169 MWh
Ripple DW - 48 MWh
Ripple WB - 42 MWh
Hydro - 4 MWh
Total - 314 MWh

Annual Generation TOTAL - 1,223 MWh (or average per member 6.99 MWh)

AND

The same 175 Camelot members have a combined 6,774 kWh of onsite Energy Storage capacity.

Home Batteries – 2,616 kWh
EV Batteries - 2,952 kWh
Hot Water Storage - 887 kWh
Thermal Mass Storage - 319 kWh
Energy Storage Capacity TOTAL - 6,774 kWh (or average per member 38.71 kWh)

Keep em coming, there must be more of you out there generating and storing. :twisted:

Publicly reply to this thread or PM me with your PV (kW installed or annual kWh), Ripple project, Co-op or other generation. Alternatively add it to your sig like many do and I’ll come across it sooner or later.

And now, if you have a family member or friend you have coerced into installing a system, buying into a Ripple project, buying an EV, etc, I will add them as an associate member.

Other types of storage too, EVs, hotwater and thermal mass storage.
EVs - gross battery size or even EV model if you don't know.
Hot Water / thermal stores - Tank size in litres.
Storage heaters – Heat capacity (kWh) or power (kW) or even brand / model numbers.
Under floor heating - mass or volume of concrete slab.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
richbee

Post by richbee »

nowty wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:50 am Update time,
A few more members, plus other improvements within the membership of the secret list. :mrgreen:

It seems some members have been extra busy with enhancements. :xx:

And now with “associate members” to my secret list. These are family or close friends of Camelot members who have installed a system on their property or bought into the Ripple Coop projects, and crucially the Camelot member had some significant bearing on it.

For example, someone on here persuaded their sibling to install a solar and battery system and another bought some Ripple project for their grown up children.

We now have 155 registered members and 20 associate members on this secret list, the collective keeps spreading its tentacles. :twisted:

In an average year 175 Camelot members will generate 909 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 314 MWh remotely.

Onsite Generation
PV - 845 MWh
Wind - 62 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
Total - 909 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
Ripple GF - 51 MWh
Ripple KH - 169 MWh
Ripple DW - 48 MWh
Ripple WB - 42 MWh
Hydro - 4 MWh
Total - 314 MWh

Annual Generation TOTAL - 1,223 MWh (or average per member 6.99 MWh)
We made it! - 1.21 Giga-watts :) :) :)

Just need a Delorean now
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W