Spreadsheet help !

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
AE-NMidlands

Re: Spreadsheet help !

Post by AE-NMidlands »

ecogeorge wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:14 pm Think I complicated it by not taking regular readings ! sorry ........
but if you just use the simple calculation (reading this month minus reading a year - or 2 - ago) / (date of this month's reading minus the date of the older one) it doesn't matter.
You can easily alter the start date to change the period you are looking at. I have monthly base data plus figures for 1, 2 and 3-year averages, the seasons being so variable nowadays.
It's nice to see a 3-year moving average dropping steadily... or is that just Global Warming?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

The problem was the readings weren’t regular, sometimes there were several readings in a week and other times there were many months between readings. I built a function that looked back to the previous reading closest to 365 days ago then work out the difference between that and the current reading and divide by howevermany days between the two dates.

If all the readings were evenly spaced I don’t think he’d have asked for help!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
John_S

Post by John_S »

Stinsy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:28 am The problem was the readings weren’t regular, sometimes there were several readings in a week and other times there were many months between readings. I built a function that looked back to the previous reading closest to 365 days ago then work out the difference between that and the current reading and divide by howevermany days between the two dates.

Spot on Stinsy. Hence my warning to Ecogeorge thar periodic would complicate things. Your solution was what I had in mind.

Glad you could help.

John
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Stinsy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:28 am The problem was the readings weren’t regular, sometimes there were several readings in a week and other times there were many months between readings. I built a function that looked back to the previous reading closest to 365 days ago then work out the difference between that and the current reading and divide by howevermany days between the two dates.

Why build a function? If you just do the meter number in one row minus the number in the row for however long ago you want (adjusted manually if needed) divided by the difference in the dates you get your long-term average. Frequent data or big gaps are irrelevant.
I think I changed to this method when I had 2 readings each month that the tarriff changed half way through.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

It needs to figure out how many rows up it needs to look. It could be 3 rows up is could be 30 rows up!

If the readings were weekly you’d always be looking 52 rows up. If readings were monthly you’d always be looking 12 rows up.

But sometimes there were several readings in a week and sometimes there were many months between readings.

Like I said earlier, if it was as simple as you’re imagining he wouldn’t have needed help.

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/ucp. ... &f=0&p=135#
This may be a link to Stinsy ammended spreadsheet .....thanks again.
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

This is the correct link:

Code: Select all

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13T11xgmkbjePrFsiTJFGPf8wGUoLx0hI5cjKEjNXbws/

Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

BTW this is the formula I used:

Code: Select all

=(D51-indirect("D"&row()-(countifs($A:$A,">="&($A51-365),$A:$A,"<="&($A51)))))/($A51-indirect("A"&row()-(countifs($A:$A,">="&($A51-365),$A:$A,"<="&($A51)))))
If you think there is a more elegant method, let me know...