Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
nowty

Re: Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Post by nowty »

Fintray wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:55 am Do Octopus offer a monthly refund of credit to match? Octopus Outgoing (Credit) :whistle:
I don't think so but you can ask Octopus for a refund anytime, its took a day or 2 last time as they seem to run it past a check that you have not run up a huge bill recently.

I'll probably get rumbled the next time I ask for a refund, but maybe Octopus won't care as its Santander who are losing out and Octopus are maybe thankful of the cashflow.

Worst case is Octopus goes bust and I have to wait a few months for the OFGEM Supplier of last resort rules to kick in. I don't think there are even any limits on the safeguarded credit so your cash could be safer in an energy account than a bank as that is limited to £85k.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

My Santander cashback seems to have a ceiling of £5 per payment... I should have hasd 3% on a £200 water rates billl, but I think it maxed out at £5.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Having r\un out of room and to a certain extent motivation I gave the old shedhenge system to my big brother who now has it up and running with your old sonnyboy (Nowty) so that another 540Wp to be added I guess. He is already muttering about get more :D

Desp
Blah blah blah
nowty

Post by nowty »

spread-tee wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:30 am Having r\un out of room and to a certain extent motivation I gave the old shedhenge system to my big brother who now has it up and running with your old sonnyboy (Nowty) so that another 540Wp to be added I guess. He is already muttering about get more :D

Desp
The old Sunny boy 1200 rides again !, I'll add your brother as an associate member. :xx:

Does that mean you have reduced your installed capacity ?

When they were operating in Nowty Towers circa 2012 and I bought them off Ebay second hand very cheap but they arrived in original boxes brand new. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

No we are still at 4.92kWp, apparently his neighbour has mentioned an interest in it all if my bro does upgrade, potentially the 5th install for the old Sonny boy :D

Desp
Blah blah blah
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I see the old trolling motor in that photo, do you and the wife still venture out and about in your inflatable Nowty ? I haven't managed to get out in any of my kayaks for over a year :(

Also with regard to the SB's did you use the sunny connectors to connect the DC cables to the Inverter or use some other method, I still have a SB1100 that I got from Freecycle, that I should be using but the three panels I have spare at present are 400W 40V so not a suitable match from what I recall.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

spread-tee wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:54 pm No we are still at 4.92kWp, apparently his neighbour has mentioned an interest in it all if my bro does upgrade, potentially the 5th install for the old Sonny boy :D

Desp
Excellent, this stuff spreads as almost like its alive. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:58 pm I see the old trolling motor in that photo, do you and the wife still venture out and about in your inflatable Nowty ? I haven't managed to get out in any of my kayaks for over a year :(

Also with regard to the SB's did you use the sunny connectors to connect the DC cables to the Inverter or use some other method, I still have a SB1100 that I got from Freecycle, that I should be using but the three panels I have spare at present are 400W 40V so not a suitable match from what I recall.

Moxi
I think last year was the first year we did not venture out in it. But I usually also go out in it when my brother makes his annual visit, but last year the tides and the weather never quite aligned.

With regards the DC connections to the inverters, they are Sunny Connectors, you can find them quite easily on ebay. I quite like them as you don't need any tools and can assemble / disassemble them easily. They have a spring mechanism for the electrical contact and the connector pins in them are solid.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Cheers Nowty,

I will have to get a pair and then look out for some suitable panels to run on it, It will need to be in the garden shed across the road and the panels mounted in the garden somewhere, or on the shed roof maybe ? Thats corrugated concrete sheets so should be easy enough - when / if I ever get some time.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:12 pm Cheers Nowty,

I will have to get a pair and then look out for some suitable panels to run on it, It will need to be in the garden shed across the road and the panels mounted in the garden somewhere, or on the shed roof maybe ? Thats corrugated concrete sheets so should be easy enough - when / if I ever get some time.

Moxi
Have you got anywhere with having the cable laid under the road ?, or are we all still coming over with yellow fluorescent jackets and a few fake council signs whilst doing a re-enactment of the great escape. ;)

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3