Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
SafetyThird

Re: Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Post by SafetyThird »

We average 5800kwh generated from our 6kw solar PV. When we've had the heat pump for a year I'll do some figuring out to see what that generates too.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with two immersions
2 x Woodwarm wood burning stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Energy Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I've added my generation to my signature; as to actual annual production - well the pv is in several arrays in different orientations, lots of trees, and in west Wales so often under grey skies.

The hydro used to run >400w for 6 months, and run for 10 months per year but climate change seems to be reducing precipitation so the dead / reduced power months are trending upwards since 2018 ( although perhaps it's too small a timescale to rule out narural variation).

As it's an offgrid system, absolute kWh is not relevant - it's more about battery soc, running the necessary loads without using the grid, and enough hot water for a bath.
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
nowty

Post by nowty »

ClockmanFRA wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:13 am Hi Nowty,

Firstly this is all our own RE generated electricity only. No figures for saving on our own Sewage systems, grey water system, minimal building materials, locally sourced products, savings on all our Passive House's and buildings, R&D and savings on manufacturing our own RE equipment, re-using refurbished RE and other necessary equipment or savings made in using re-used gear. Savings on the environment are not included, nor is our Salt heated swimming pool or using and re-designing/modification of equipment to be more efficient.

There are other masses of other savings that come under sustainability topics, but as you gather, I am still writing the book on our 21-year Sustainability project that we started here in 2001.

On average our total used KWh generated Renewable energy here is 15859kwh per year.

Although over the years this has gradually improved as we enlarge our system.

Also we have 9 individual buildings, on our own Mini Grid, that have their own generating capability’s and getting actual true power used data is not as straightforward as it seems.

2 years ago i finally managed to get all 3off our wind turbines individually metered.

Mrs been nagging me for years about data.

Since 2008, when i started meters on our stuff, we have saved ourselves about £70,000 in electricity bills. And as everything we do has to be cost effective; we have only spent about half of that on capital costs of the RE equipment.
Design, Installation, electronics, electrical, power electronics, mechanical engineering, builder, structural engineering, solar monkey, Research and development, general dogsbody. ME !!! hahahahaha!
ClockmanFRA, any chance of splitting that near 16MWh annual generation total into PV and Wind ?
16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update with 5 more members,

In an average year 38 Camelot members will generate 225 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 123 MWh remotely and will extract a net 50 MWh of renewable heat energy. :mrgreen:

EDIT - Sorry I've updated it downwards slightly as I had a couple of duplicates in my list.

Still, over 1/3 of a GWh now. :ugeek:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
ClockmanFRA

Post by ClockmanFRA »

Hi nowty,

Here is my average Wind Turbine generation figures for my 3 babes.

...... 2731 KWh per year.

Its not alot but then these meters only showed power dumped to Heater dump loads up at the house. Now i have actual Kwh meters on each Turbine then i will probably get better figures. New meters only intsalled just one year so no data yet.

Also each turbine comes out of operation for at least 4 weeks of the year, sometimes longer, for servicing or repairs etc.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update with 4 more members and a correction to my last report as I had missed off some home wind power.

In an average year 42 Camelot members will generate 239 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 126 MWh remotely and will extract a net 50 MWh of renewable heat energy. :mrgreen:

Onsite Generation
PV - 224 MWh
Wind - 13 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
PV - 0 MWH (there are definitely some but I don't have any meaningful figures)
Ripple WT1 - 37 MWh
Ripple WT2 - 87 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update with 5 more members.

In an average year 47 Camelot members will generate 253 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 128 MWh remotely. :mrgreen:

I've given up on the heatpump and thermal extraction as the data is not meaningful enough, but there is certainly significant amounts of it.

Onsite Generation
PV - 238 MWh
Wind - 13 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
PV - 0 MWH (there are definitely some but I don't have any meaningful figures)
Ripple WT1 - 37 MWh
Ripple WT2 - 87 MWh
Hydro - 4 MWh
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
ClockmanFRA

Post by ClockmanFRA »

Hay nowty,

Can i PM you regards ........

Your last and very informative post, 8th June 2022.
nowty wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:15 pm Update with 5 more members.

In an average year 47 Camelot members will generate 253 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 128 MWh remotely. :mrgreen:

Onsite Generation
PV - 238 MWh
Wind - 13 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
I would like to use the above info in one of my publications, just to prove to ordinary folk what a RE Community can actually produce with just 47 individual RE users and suppliers. Bloody fantastic lads and lasses.

Thanks nowty,

Leslie Bryan, (Clockmanfr)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Ha, this thread reminds me of the "kids in the hall" recurring piece "31 Helens" ..a favourite of mine.

Clockman. the next thing we all need to get down on paper is how many more panels have those members got in sheds! :lol: (seriously)

I'll start .. 6 kWh of panels in storage, pending fitting. (it will add further data as to our ongoing intentions)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Clockman, of course you can. And this is all not including home batteries, EV's, thermal solar, heatpumps and other quoted renewable investments so we are doing so much better than the headline generation figures.

Mr Gus, I have 4 decking winter panels that have now been disconnected and are now in storage again until October. :D
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3