Registering my inverter with my DNO

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
slim

Registering my inverter with my DNO

Post by slim »

Hello,
I am new to this forum, so I apologise if this has been asked before. I am hoping to convert my feed in tariff to Octopus as they offer 15p /kWh for export whereas my current export rate is 6p /kWh. For this to happen, one thing I need to do is give Octopus my DNO number, but it seems my original solar installer didn't register me with my DNO (Northern Power Grid). I obtained a g98 form to go through the registration process. However, I need to supply the "Manufacturers reference number" for my inverter. This should be at the ENA website (https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/). My inverter model number is Solis-3.6K-2G and this does not appear to be listed on this website. Is this a problem experienced by someone else?. Is it possible my inverter is listed under another model number ?
Many thanks
Chris Walker
nowty

Re: Registering my inverter with my DNO

Post by nowty »

Welcome, no need to apologise, here you go, as its old I doubt it will have a G98 certificate but it was approved on the register as G83/2 which should be ok as you are retrospectively registering it,
https://www.ena-eng.org/ProductTypeTest ... 013_01.pdf
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Windbag

Post by Windbag »

You ought to be able to do this with your export MPAN number. Nothing to do with dno directly. Your current fit supplier will have.
We make 10kw solar 13kw wind, some bread and lots of beer.
We grow & cook loads.
We eat Fibre, Fat & no Fecking barcodes.
We swear at the heat pump (not strictly true)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Windbag wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:52 pm You ought to be able to do this with your export MPAN number. Nothing to do with dno directly. Your current fit supplier will have.
It has to be applied for from the DNO. And if Slim's DNO does not even know about his inverter, there will definitely be no export MPAN number. Many installers, certainly in the early FIT days did not bother to inform the DNO after an installation. And you don't need an export MPAN number on deemed export FITs but you do with SEG. Maybe also with measured export FITs but I'm not sure.
https://octopus.energy/smart/outgoing/

You apply for the Outgoing Octopus Tariff online

Application Process (2 days)
Your application is processed by Octopus Energy and we apply to the DNO for an export MPAN (An MPAN is a unique number for the electricity meter in your property and when export is set up for the first time, a new MPAN must be requested from the Distribution Network Operator).

DNO creates your MPAN (1-4 weeks)
The DNO creates your export MPAN - this is the longest part of the application process and is out of our control as this depends on the resource available there (a bit like applying for a passport). Once the MPAN is created, Octopus can begin the enrolment onto Octopus' supply.

Your MPAN is enrolled (5 days)
Your new export MPAN is enrolled onto your Octopus account and you will receive an email asking you for a first meter reading.

We connect to your smart meter
Once connected to your meter we will start pulling your export consumption and you can begin enjoying your earnings without lifting a finger.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
slim

Post by slim »

Thank you all (particularly nowty) for the prompt replies.
Windbag

Post by Windbag »

Sorry that wasn't what happened, when I moved my export. But I am didn't go deemed at install.

Never heard of a DNO number but I guess I have one some where then.

Everyday is school day thanks Nowty.
We make 10kw solar 13kw wind, some bread and lots of beer.
We grow & cook loads.
We eat Fibre, Fat & no Fecking barcodes.
We swear at the heat pump (not strictly true)