October Generation 2023

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
Stinsy

Re: October Generation 2023

Post by Stinsy »

I’m not far off that:
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Krill

Post by Krill »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:58 pm "128.64 kWh of gas imported (40% reduction due to showering at the gym)."

Nice one. :ugeek: Impressed.
To be honest I'm guessing, but I can't figure out what else it could be. We don't use the gas hob, and haven't since April. We only use gas for heating water for baths and showers (boil a kettle for hot water for other uses, or use a kettle on the fire when it's lit but we haven't lit the fire until recently, so that would show up in a reduction of electricity use due to using induction). We're simply been using blankets and dressing climate appropriate (merino wool leggings are fantastic).

That said, this is one of the reasons why I'm unsure about how viable an ASHP will be for my property and general usage. Just adding a small electric boiler might turn out cheaper over 10 years given the other work and challenges with space for a water tank etc. I'm keeping an open mind right now.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Krill wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:40 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:58 pm "128.64 kWh of gas imported (40% reduction due to showering at the gym)."

Nice one. :ugeek: Impressed.
To be honest I'm guessing, but I can't figure out what else it could be. We don't use the gas hob, and haven't since April. We only use gas for heating water for baths and showers (boil a kettle for hot water for other uses, or use a kettle on the fire when it's lit but we haven't lit the fire until recently, so that would show up in a reduction of electricity use due to using induction). We're simply been using blankets and dressing climate appropriate (merino wool leggings are fantastic).

That said, this is one of the reasons why I'm unsure about how viable an ASHP will be for my property and general usage. Just adding a small electric boiler might turn out cheaper over 10 years given the other work and challenges with space for a water tank etc. I'm keeping an open mind right now.
A2A?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Krill

Post by Krill »

I literally do not have a wall I can fit one on: the entire rear of the house in windows or roof space (north facing), and it is a semi with the side wall essentially 6 inches from the boundary. Internally, the only wall I can actually fit the internal system is the other end of the house.

There is the knock on effect that if an ASHP were used, I think I would struggle to get planning permission because the only place in the rear garden area it could go and the pipe would fint is by a fence on the boundary, and I'd lose space I don't have in the garage for a tank, given the lost space isn't adequate due to ceiling joists not being up to spec.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oct 23

Solaredge PV 122kWh
Victron PV 187kWh
Hoymiles PV 38kWh
Enphase PV 4kWh
Graig Fatha WT 557kWh

Total RE generation 908kWh Oct 23

Bought 935 kWh of electricity which is a split of 50.73%/49.27% in favour of the grid. :(
On the upside, zero gas dance continues. :ugeek:
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees