Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
Moxi

Re: Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Post by Moxi »

Wow just over a gigawatt hour ! that's mightily impressive and the majority is membership direct contribution !

Well done one and all!

Moxi
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

In my first year of my DIY string feeding the battery only, 13/01/23-12/01/24 , the output measured on the Victron charger was 995kWh.

Unfortunately due to my poor planning this array casts a shade on some of my original FIT array until about 10:30 and I think this is the reason my reading from the FIT meter dropped to 2905kWh in the same period, down from 3245kWh the previous year. Owing to lack of workmates or granddaughter's boyfriends it's not likely to be remedied soon.

I can find another home for the 3 big panels and replace them with smaller ones so I could experiment a bit with the angles.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

openspaceman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:50 am In my first year of my DIY string feeding the battery only, 13/01/23-12/01/24 , the output measured on the Victron charger was 995kWh.

Unfortunately due to my poor planning this array casts a shade on some of my original FIT array until about 10:30 and I think this is the reason my reading from the FIT meter dropped to 2905kWh in the same period, down from 3245kWh the previous year. Owing to lack of workmates or granddaughter's boyfriends it's not likely to be remedied soon.

I can find another home for the 3 big panels and replace them with smaller ones so I could experiment a bit with the angles.
I might be well off the plot on this but sometimes odd ideas have some merit, that caveat in place, would you be able to use a mirror to remove the shade cast by the other panels ? I have often wondered if this idea would be beneficial in discreet circumstances and I believe that to a lesser degree this also helps explain why there's such a small differential at JB's No1 sons porch mounted panel and vertical panel output, where a degree of incidental reflection is playing up on to the vertical panel assisting its output.

Moxi
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

Moxi a mirror would be a bit difficult to implement, raising the FIT strings 60cms off the roof would solve the shading. If I am right the loss of FIT income is the significant cost but otherwise a net gain in production. The DIY string would do better on its own inverter. All the electricians that have been here to look must think I am an awkward customer as none have come back with quotes and now my agreement from the DNO has expired. I'm fairly sanguine about it all, frustrated with my lack of ability to sort things better but accepting physical challenges get more of a problem with age. When younger I would have seen the problem early and just sorted it as part of the DIY installation process.

There was a bit of shading from the parapet before I put the three panels on the flat roof as can be seen in my original pre installation post.

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... =11&t=1166

I do like what JB has done and it may be a way to implement solar PV at my granddaughter's house, where a roof mount would be severely compromised by the neighbour's dormer. I would like to build a patio shade there with bifacial panels to let some light through and with vertical panels above.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

openspaceman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am Moxi a mirror would be a bit difficult to implement, raising the FIT strings 60cms off the roof would solve the shading. If I am right the loss of FIT income is the significant cost but otherwise a net gain in production. The DIY string would do better on its own inverter. All the electricians that have been here to look must think I am an awkward customer as none have come back with quotes and now my agreement from the DNO has expired. I'm fairly sanguine about it all, frustrated with my lack of ability to sort things better but accepting physical challenges get more of a problem with age. When younger I would have seen the problem early and just sorted it as part of the DIY installation process.

There was a bit of shading from the parapet before I put the three panels on the flat roof as can be seen in my original pre installation post.

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... =11&t=1166

I do like what JB has done and it may be a way to implement solar PV at my granddaughter's house, where a roof mount would be severely compromised by the neighbour's dormer. I would like to build a patio shade there with bifacial panels to let some light through and with vertical panels above.
It really was effortless. I'm hoping he will see 0.5MWh in a full year from the Hoymiles. It also helps to switch the recipient on to what they do and why. Both our kids are now avid switch off types. :)

Going on my current 800W kettle unit of account obsession (SWMBO now fully infected too), that harvested solar power would run said kettle for 625hrs non stop (26 days). That's a lot of tea, cooking, heating etc.

I can't be bothered with wee dainty cups. I like a full on mug of tea. Which in my one thing leads to another sort of mind i checked and it takes 3m 30s to boil the required water for said mug. That's just over 17 mugs of tea per hour or 10,608+ mugs of tea for the 0.5MWh of Hoymiles generated power in one year.

I like that sort of human scale perspective.

16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
John_S

Post by John_S »

I now have 2 * Pylontech 5000 battery storage.

Still waiting for Octopus to put me on Octopus outgoing.

Apparently they weren't aware that the DNO had issued a MPAN and now they say that they have update the meter details on the database notwithstanding that they had all relevant information last October. They say that this could take another three weeks.

They have now raised a complaint in response to my stating that I am frustrated and disappointed in the lack of progress and the lack of information given to me.

Does anyone know if they would be obliged to give me all details of when they applied to the DNO etc if I make a GDPR subject access request. Would this include all details related to my property as the MPAN relates to the property and not to me.

John
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Cant advise on the yes they would/no they wont John, but its a free and easy request to make, and at least they will then know you are miffed with them for being slow.
Although worth noting they have 30 days to respond, which is slower than the three weeks they are saying they now need as extra time to get things sorted anyway.
Id SAR and just see what comes back.
Alternatively i've found the energy ombudman very helpful with changing my FIT account name.
Good luck and thank your lucky stars its not OVO your dealing with!
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update time,
A few more members, plus other improvements within the membership of the secret list. :mrgreen:

The Ripple P4 (Whitelaw Brae) which is confirmed to be a wind farm has started with 10 members. :xx:

And now with “associate members” to my secret list. These are family or close friends of Camelot members who have installed a system on their property or bought into the Ripple Coop projects, and crucially the Camelot member had some significant bearing on it.

For example, someone on here persuaded their sibling to install a solar and battery system and another bought some Ripple project for their grown up children.

We now have 149 registered members and 15 associate members, the collective keeps spreading its tentacles. :twisted:

In an average year 164 Camelot members will generate 847 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 293 MWh remotely.

Onsite Generation
PV - 783 MWh
Wind - 62 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
Total - 847 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
Ripple GF - 51 MWh
Ripple KH - 168 MWh
Ripple DW - 47 MWh
Ripple WB - 23 MWh
Hydro - 4 MWh
Total - 293 MWh

Annual Generation TOTAL - 1,140 MWh (or average per member 6.95 MWh)

AND

The same 164 Camelot members have a combined 6,413 kWh of onsite Energy Storage capacity.

Home Batteries – 2,372 kWh
EV Batteries - 2,845 kWh
Hot Water Storage - 877 kWh
Thermal Mass Storage - 319 kWh
Energy Storage Capacity TOTAL - 6,413 kWh (or average per member 39.10 kWh)

Keep em coming, there must be more of you out there generating and storing. :twisted:

Publicly reply to this thread or PM me with your PV (kW installed or annual kWh), Ripple project, Co-op or other generation. Alternatively add it to your sig like many do and I’ll come across it sooner or later.

And now, if you have a family member or friend you have coerced into installing a system, buying into a Ripple project, buying an EV, etc, I will add them as an associate member.

Other types of storage too, EVs, hotwater and thermal mass storage.
EVs - gross battery size or even EV model if you don't know.
Hot Water / thermal stores - Tank size in litres.
Storage heaters – Heat capacity (kWh) or power (kW) or even brand / model numbers.
Under floor heating - mass or volume of concrete slab.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3