Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Update your annual/monthly generation data. Please list system details in first post.
Joeboy

Re: Camelot Members Annual Green Electric Generation

Post by Joeboy »

Wow! :D ... 8-)
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

It amazes me how sceptical some are about green renewable energy.
If this was replicated over the whole country or even world things would look a lot better.
At least the US have gone fir this big time, I’d lobe free powerwalls and panels :P
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yuff wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:36 am It amazes me how sceptical some are about green renewable energy.
If this was replicated over the whole country or even world things would look a lot better.
At least the US have gone fir this big time, I’d lobe free powerwalls and panels :P
The FUD about solar pales in the face of the FUD about BEVs!

The most interesting thing fro me is how politicised all this is. Particularly in the US. You might have thought that right-wing Americans would embrace the independence that renewables bring on a personal level, but they're all about FF and big-business!

Back in the UK I've heard all sorts of nonsense about renewables from people whose DD for electricity and gas on their 3-bed semi is 3x what I pay for a 5-bed house. And they pay for petrol/diesel on top of that while my DD includes fuelling 2x EVs!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the problem comes from a general resistance to change with some being more resistant and some for change. This applies not just to renewables, but to all sorts of things such as, wearing seatbelts, using the metric system for weights and measures, vaccinations, speed limits on roads, "recreational" drugs, cyclists (of all types, manual, electric, ff etc.) wearing crash helmets. As soon as 1 person is frightened or has the opposite view, for example, thmimhg their job misgt vanish and they'll have change occupation, the subject becomes political to a varying degree.

Then the politicians jump on the band wagon, for example Cameron aquiessing to those against renewables, with the result that we have a much worse energy supply that is more expensive than we should have.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update time,
A few more members, plus other improvements within the membership on the secret list, and soon we will have the Ripple project 4 share offer open.

And now with “associate members” to my secret list. These are family members of Camelot members who have installed a system on their property or bought into the Ripple Coop projects, and crucially the Camelot member had some significant bearing on it. I'm also flexible with the term "family member", it could be a lifelong friend, your neighbour, etc. I just don't want an installer / salesman, etc, claiming they have facilitated dozens of systems.

For example, someone on here persuaded their sibling to install a solar and battery system and another bought some Ripple project for their grown up children. I had previously indicated that the family member could register with this website even if they did not ever post. In hindsight, that was pretty pointless but I also don’t want the stats to be skewed, hence adding them as additional members keeps the correct average per member (full or associate) maintained.

We now have 136 registered members and 9 associate members.

In an average year 145 Camelot members will generate 772 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 237 MWh remotely.

Onsite Generation
PV - 708 MWh
Wind - 62 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
Total - 772 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
Ripple GF - 51 MWh
Ripple KH - 150 MWh
Ripple DW - 32 MWh
Hydro - 4 MWh
Total - 237 MWh

Annual Generation TOTAL - 1,009 MWh (or average per member 6.96 MWh)

AND

The same 145 Camelot members have a combined 5,573 kWh of onsite Energy Storage capacity.

Home Batteries – 2,019 kWh
EV Batteries - 2,391 kWh
Hot Water Storage - 844 kWh
Thermal Mass Storage - 319 kWh
Energy Storage Capacity TOTAL - 5,573 kWh (or average per member 38.43 kWh)

Keep em coming, there must be more of you out there generating and storing. :twisted:

Publicly reply to this thread or PM me with your PV (kW installed or annual kWh), Ripple project, Co-op or other generation. Alternatively add it to your sig like many do and I’ll come across it sooner or later.

And now, if you have a family member you have coerced into installing a system, buying into a Ripple project, buying an EV, I will add them as an associate member. I'm also flexible with the term "family member", it could be a lifelong friend, your neighbour, etc.

Other types of storage too, EVs, hotwater and thermal mass storage.
EVs - gross battery size or even EV model if you don't know.
Hot Water / thermal stores - Tank size in litres.
Storage heaters – Heat capacity (kWh) or power (kW) or even brand / model numbers.
Under floor heating - mass or volume of concrete slab.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
HML

Post by HML »

14.7kW of PV panels spread over several roofs.
13.1kW of inverters.
Generation in 2022 7.27MWh, so far this year 8.45MWh.

About 66kWhr of battery.
38kWhr EV battery.

Only have 2 fossil fuel burning devices left, a diesel car which is very rarely used except to get the rust of the discs and a chain saw, which is also not used much

Did sign up to the last Ripple project, but it turned out not to be a wind farm, which would have complemented our PV production so didn't join. The finances seem to be a bit sketchy as well.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Cheers HML,

It certainly seems that folk who already have solar PV prefer wind turbine projects with Ripple, the stats on my secret list speak for themselves. I'm not expecting much on here for project 4 now that we know its another solar park.
Ripple GF - 51 MWh
Ripple KH - 150 MWh
Ripple DW - 32 MWh
Project 4 - Less than DW ?
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:03 pm Cheers HML,

It certainly seems that folk who already have solar PV prefer wind turbine projects with Ripple, the stats on my secret list speak for themselves. I'm not expecting much on here for project 4 now that we know its another solar park...
... and that if you think Ripples are a good idea you have probably maxed out your ownership by now, even if you think (you have declared that) your consumption is going up quite a bit!
GF and last year's peak in the wholesale selling price have been a fantastic advert for Ripple, I'm in the queue for any spare which comes available at KH but the next few probably won't get my money - although I did put a holding deposit plus a bit on Ripple 3.

GF is a good advert again today:

2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Update time,
A few more members, plus other improvements within the membership on the secret list, and soon we will have the Ripple project 4 share offer open.

And now with “associate members” to my secret list. These are family members of Camelot members who have installed a system on their property or bought into the Ripple Coop projects, and crucially the Camelot member had some significant bearing on it. I'm also flexible with the term "family member", it could be a lifelong friend, your neighbour, etc. I just don't want an installer / salesman, etc, claiming they have facilitated dozens of systems.

For example, someone on here persuaded their sibling to install a solar and battery system and another bought some Ripple project for their grown up children. I had previously indicated that the family member could register with this website even if they did not ever post. In hindsight, that was pretty pointless but I also don’t want the stats to be skewed, hence adding them as additional members keeps the correct average per member (full or associate) maintained.

We now have 141 registered members and 11 associate members.

In an average year 152 Camelot members will generate 807 MWh of renewable electricity onsite and 247 MWh remotely.

Onsite Generation
PV - 743 MWh
Wind - 62 MWh
Hydro - 2 MWh
Total - 807 MWh

Remote Generation via Coop's
Ripple GF - 51 MWh
Ripple KH - 160 MWh
Ripple DW - 32 MWh
Hydro - 4 MWh
Total - 247 MWh

Annual Generation TOTAL - 1,054 MWh (or average per member 6.93 MWh)

AND

The same 152 Camelot members have a combined 5,902 kWh of onsite Energy Storage capacity.

Home Batteries – 2,133 kWh
EV Batteries - 2,606 kWh
Hot Water Storage - 844 kWh
Thermal Mass Storage - 319 kWh
Energy Storage Capacity TOTAL - 5,902 kWh (or average per member 38.83 kWh)

Keep em coming, there must be more of you out there generating and storing. :twisted:

Publicly reply to this thread or PM me with your PV (kW installed or annual kWh), Ripple project, Co-op or other generation. Alternatively add it to your sig like many do and I’ll come across it sooner or later.

And now, if you have a family member you have coerced into installing a system, buying into a Ripple project, buying an EV, I will add them as an associate member. I'm also flexible with the term "family member", it could be a lifelong friend, your neighbour, etc.

Other types of storage too, EVs, hotwater and thermal mass storage.
EVs - gross battery size or even EV model if you don't know.
Hot Water / thermal stores - Tank size in litres.
Storage heaters – Heat capacity (kWh) or power (kW) or even brand / model numbers.
Under floor heating - mass or volume of concrete slab.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

nowty wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Annual Generation TOTAL - 1,054 MWh (or average per member 6.93 MWh)
this member performing well below average, must try harder
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery