I have new toys!

SafetyThird

I have new toys!

Post by SafetyThird »

It turns out that Big Green Beard had a single US3000C battery left in the warehouse so I have that, the Squirrel Pod inverter, racks and cables sitting in the barn. The remaining three batteries will be shipped when they get their next load of pylon techs's, which will hopefully be in about 8 weeks. Meanwhile, at least that means I can now get started on how best to fit it into the mudroom, do as much of the cabling as I can and figure out what the sparky will need to do, along with doing the G100 application to Western Power.

Fun times ahead :)

6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
Stinsy

Re: I have new toys!

Post by Stinsy »

Be careful, some inverters, when brand new, pull a huge current from the battery to charge the capacitors and can trip the short circuit protection when connected to a single Pylontech.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 pm Be careful, some inverters, when brand new, pull a huge current from the battery to charge the capacitors and can trip the short circuit protection when connected to a single Pylontech.
I always cringe when I first connect up a battery to an inverter, usually massive spark. :o

Less drama if you can initially connect with a low valued resistor for a few seconds to charge up the internal capacitors. 8-)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:36 pm
Stinsy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 pm Be careful, some inverters, when brand new, pull a huge current from the battery to charge the capacitors and can trip the short circuit protection when connected to a single Pylontech.
I always cringe when I first connect up a battery to an inverter, usually massive spark. :o

Less drama if you can initially connect with a low valued resistor for a few seconds to charge up the internal capacitors. 8-)
Even a reel of 1.5mm T+E would do the job of slowing down the initial current draw…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

That's good to know, thanks all. I'll be talking it through here before anything goes live, I'll need breaker fuses etc before then. I'll draw up a schematic for my idea and get everyone to look over it.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW