Batteries

nowty

Re: Batteries

Post by nowty »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:41 am Having got 33 panels on various systems / Grid export. My 900 LTR water tanks are at 85 Deg. C. at the bottom by 9 o'clock in the morning.
ALAN/ALAN D, your name sounds like my very old boss Brian Bryron back in my old nuclear days. ;)

Anyways, sounds like you need to join my not so secret list of Camelot generators. Let us know your average annual generation, PM me if you want it to remain "secret". And whether you've got any Ripple windfarm, etc. :mrgreen:

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=13&t=922

Get the Pylontechs if you want no drama, otherwise there's my resurrection thread to give you ideas of build ya own.

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 969#p12969
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
billi

Re: Batteries

Post by billi »

SafetyThird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:38 am
billi wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:07 pm To form a small 2.4 kWh one needs "The Pylontech battery has 15 cells in series, so 53.2V equates to 3.55V per cell" so what do you do if one cell fails ? How do you get the one, that failed cell out and is access easy without soldering around electronics ? Or can you just make an easy equalization charge ? Or just bring the the whole lot to the dump ?
There's a couple of videos on YouTube of people opening up their pylontech batteries after damage, the cells are all pouches so I expect it's possible to change out a single pouch cell if needed. Mind you, with a long warranty I'm hoping that won't be needed on the one's I'm about to start using :)
--- so to form, a say 20 kWh battery bank , about 120 individually monitored cells soldered ? together are needed and some youtube advice how to replace a cell :roll:

24 cells ,bolted, in a 48 Volt lead acid bank involved