Commissioning & Testing G98 and G100 via G99 Fast Track For Battery Storage

MikeyB

Commissioning & Testing G98 and G100 via G99 Fast Track For Battery Storage

Post by MikeyB »

Hi all,

Been approved for G99 Fast Track for Battery Storage utilising Solax X1-AC-3.6kw inverter, and at the moment one Solax Triple Power LFP 5.8kw Master battery
by SP Energy which is great (filled in the forms myself) just need a Competent Person Scheme Electrician for the installing and Signing Off as per email from SP Energy
Commissioning & Testing out G98 and G100.

Forms are: To Be Completed within 28 days of installation, informing the SP Energy so they can update their records as Fully Installed.

G98 Form B: Installation Document for Connection under G98 ENA EREC G98 Issue 1 Amendment 6 2021

G99 Form B3: Installation and Commissioning Confirmation Form ENA EREC G99 Issue 1Amendment 6 20220

My Battery turned up last week, Delivery Paper stated the Solax Master Battery, but infact was delivered a Slave Battery, which cannot connect directly to the inverter,
wrong size cables, short ones 650mm and most importantly no BMS on Slave, and not the Master Battery size 200 cm long... with BMS attached.

Telephoned the Supplier and told them and filled out their online website Contact Form about the Wrong Battery being delivered and attached file of picture of the outer
cardboard packaging showing the Details of the Slave Battery. Awaiting Reply

Now that I have a 3 month period to install from energy company, No Master Battery on install date as per Application G99 Form A1-2.

Now without a Master Battery, The Big Question is can you still Install, Commission and Test just the Solax X1-AC-3.6kw inverter with the Eastron SDM 230 MID Meter (for limiting Export Control to a Max of 3.68kW (16A) stated by SP Energy in Confirmation email) I will set to 0 Watts for maximum home use. Or has the AC Inverter to be connected to a Battery for the above forms Install, Commissioning and Tests to be Confirmed as Fully Installed as required by SP Energy Confirmation email within 28 days of being installed.

I know that battery is just that, So can you install the inverter alone without a battery.?
Kenny000666

Re: Commissioning & Testing G98 and G100 via G99 Fast Track For Battery Storage

Post by Kenny000666 »

I don’t think you can commission without the battery. I’m in the same position. Just got the wiring done by an electrician and waiting on battery to arrive.

I think they usually give you about 6-9 months to commission right? Mine is next March and I applied in august.

There’s a commissioning checklist on the G99 commissioning form that states a number of tests. Honestly if your self signing it, you could just tick off everything as yes 😅
nowty

Post by nowty »

Paperwork for self certification with no witnessing. :roll:

Is it even worth asking. ;)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Kenny000666 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:22 pm I don’t think you can commission without the battery. I’m in the same position. Just got the wiring done by an electrician and waiting on battery to arrive.

I think they usually give you about 6-9 months to commission right? Mine is next March and I applied in august.

There’s a commissioning checklist on the G99 commissioning form that states a number of tests. Honestly if your self signing it, you could just tick off everything as yes 😅
Thanks @Kenny000666 just can't believe my Supplier with correct paperwork on box yet delivered a Slave Battery.... buffons!!!!
another Master Battery will take months from China.... had to wait since end of May.... Gobal shortages also they have not even contacted me
as of yet to pick up the Slave Battery...