Solis RAI-3K 5G

Kenny000666

Re: Solis RAI-3K 5G

Post by Kenny000666 »

Apparently ITs Tech had a shipment in Oct but apparently they don’t know how much stock is in it until arrival. So if we haven’t had our calls yet, they didn’t have enough stock to fulfil their backlog. Considering I ordered mine back in July, we’re a bit away from the backlog. Maybe mid November is the next shipment 🤞
FlimFlam99

Post by FlimFlam99 »

Just an update for my Can Comm Fail errors I posted about earlier. Turns out the cable from the can port to the circuit board inside the inverter wasn't connected properly, had to open it up and click it in the rj45 port on the circuit board. After that - all good.
Umski

Post by Umski »

Kenny000666 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:56 pm Apparently ITs Tech had a shipment in Oct but apparently they don’t know how much stock is in it until arrival. So if we haven’t had our calls yet, they didn’t have enough stock to fulfil their backlog. Considering I ordered mine back in July, we’re a bit away from the backlog. Maybe mid November is the next shipment 🤞
I had an email yesterday saying I needed to pay the remaining balance and that orders are being shipped w/c 7th Nov :) my "failed" lead acid experiment is soon to be over (think one of the batteries is duff) but it's been a useful exercise in learning about the tweaks on the Solis and how the Pylon can be connected *if* it doesn't play nicely - fingers crossed anyway
Umski

Post by Umski »

FlimFlam99 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:52 pm Just an update for my Can Comm Fail errors I posted about earlier. Turns out the cable from the can port to the circuit board inside the inverter wasn't connected properly, had to open it up and click it in the rj45 port on the circuit board. After that - all good.
That's good to hear though quite annoying that they didn't build it properly! From what I can gather you need to remove the entire unit and then remove the screws from the back?
Umski

Post by Umski »

Well my US5000 has arrived finally - blinking heavy and had to borrow the courier's pallet truck to drag it up the drive to save him reversing up through a load of overgrown hedge (not mine!) Still not unboxed it as need to shift the LAs around a bit (I think one is bad but getting a warranty claim is like blood from a stone - lesson learnt!) Will report back in due course!
ducabi

Post by ducabi »

Umski wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am Well my US5000 has arrived finally - blinking heavy and had to borrow the courier's pallet truck to drag it up the drive to save him reversing up through a load of overgrown hedge (not mine!) Still not unboxed it as need to shift the LAs around a bit (I think one is bad but getting a warranty claim is like blood from a stone - lesson learnt!) Will report back in due course!
How do you now is it's bad? I think it may be easier just to go through bank if you paid by card?
Umski

Post by Umski »

ducabi wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:25 pm How do you now is it's bad? I think it may be easier just to go through bank if you paid by card?
The magic eye, crude as it is, won't go green on charging, it's clear which suggests replace - I also lost a few hours of run time from when they were new - literally a dozen or so cycles. I've tried a few different things, charging independently etc but no definitive result, supplier (I won't name and shame) wants £20 deposit to collect and test to decide if faulty or suggested taking to Halfords or Kwik-Fit as they want a printed readout rather than me run a full run-time test - anyway, they were £50 leisure batteries, bought on the premise that I also have a standalone APC UPS and they also fit in a currently off-the-road Polo so not all is lost! My local mechanic has a portable battery tester so I'll see what that shows when I get a chance to see if it's worth the effort of returning...
Umski

Post by Umski »

Well I finally found the TechView passwords on the DIYSolarForum if anyone wants them:

advanced user: solis123456
installer: solis123

It gets a bit 'heavy' in there and not much in the way of 'user config' as such i.e. TechView is next to useless :shock:
MoSTiE

Post by MoSTiE »

Umski wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am Well my US5000 has arrived finally - blinking heavy and had to borrow the courier's pallet truck to drag it up the drive to save him reversing up through a load of overgrown hedge (not mine!) Still not unboxed it as need to shift the LAs around a bit (I think one is bad but getting a warranty claim is like blood from a stone - lesson learnt!) Will report back in due course!
ha... we had to lift a 9.6kw out my transit on Saturday, the guy loaded it with a forklift :shock: :lol:
nowty

Post by nowty »

MoSTiE wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:13 pm
ha... we had to lift a 9.6kw out my transit on Saturday, the guy loaded it with a forklift :shock: :lol:
@ MoSTiE, is that your total ?, your on my list but I have no batteries down for you yet ?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3