Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... _edm_other

Hello Gents.
Advice please. Are these any good. ?
Is there better battery / better price.
Fintray

Re: Batteries.

Post by Fintray »

They seem to be very cheap compared with others I have seen, too good to be true maybe?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

This conversation gives an idea of what aliexpress is like.

22/11 14:24
I am interested in buying some of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004864417714 batteries but can you confirm that their are no import charges / vat to pay at my end, that the batteries are A grade and brand new.

Also who is the manufacturer?

23/11 06:54
中国
China

23/11 13:00
Please answer the questions

Yesterday 03:10
已经回到
Returned
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Mr Tinbum Quotes. “This conversation gives an idea of what aliexpress is like. “

The only reason I started looking was.

I have purchased from two companies. One in England. One in Scotland. That are selling Batteries ?????? That are not fit for any purpose.
140ah Deep Cycle Leisure Marine Boat Solar Battery
One quotes.

“These large Leisure batteries are designed for powering all types of electrical and motorised equipment where no mains are supplied.”

“These batteries are not designed to power a house in this current energy crisis.”

The other one.
They look very professional but are TOTALLY USELESS.
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Maybe Trading Standards would be interested in these two companies?

As for the original link, those batteries appear to be priced at about 25% of real market value. I suspect you'd get a box of bricks, if anything turned up at all.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Sadly there are scammers and dishonest sales people everywhere in the world, and precious little in the way of effective control of them by government. Trading Standards departments may as well not exist for all the good they do. A good example is a shop in Portsmouth that was selling electric scooters (not the kids toys, full size things like Lambrettas but electric) a few years ago.

I quite liked to the look of them for nipping down to the nearest shop a couple of miles away, and they were fairly affordable (around £400 I think) so I went in to take a closer look. None had number plates, or the facility to fit them, so I asked how easy they were to register. The chap told me they didn't need registration as they were classed as bicycles.

I thought that didn't sound right, so went off and did some digging around and found that they definitely weren't bicycles, and that they needed type approval, registration and insurance to be legally ridden on the road, and the rider needed the appropriate licence. I went back to the shop to tell them this and the bloke got very shirty and ejected me from the place. I called Trading Standards, who told me they were aware of the shop and the fact that the scooters couldn't legally be ridden on roads, but that they didn't have the budget to do anything about it.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:02 pm https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... _edm_other

Hello Gents.
Advice please. Are these any good. ?
Is there better battery / better price.
The price is too good to be true
The CATL 302Ah will cost 109-115$ range for each battery

Can check if there is any review on the website
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
Email:guohed070@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-deng-2b4277238/