LuxPower - Ethernet issue sorted

Caesium

Re: LuxPower - Ethernet issue sorted

Post by Caesium »

Swwils wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:15 am It depends what model and firmware you are on. It's in the installer.menu and the register was changed between FWs. Some hyrbids do not have it.
Ooh an installer menu.. now that I need to find :)

I'm on an ACS3600, firmware BAAA-140A. I guess thats pretty old as I've never had it updated to my knowledge despite emails to Lux asking them to. Just never seem to get a response from them.
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Well well, a result. This morning I appear to have received a firmware update (now on BAA-1415) and thanks to my extensive snooping on inverter communications, actually saw a register 119 write. Its been set to 600, and I now have an permanent average export of about 20W. Which is better than a permanent average import of 50W, but could still be closer to zero.

So I guess what's happened (I've had zero reply to emails, so I'm guessing) is my older firmware didn't support register 119, but I've now been updated to a newer one that does, and its been tweaked for me.

I guess I can now try tweaking it to be closer to zero by myself, happy days!
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Was 119 the only register write that they did remotely for you?

Would be great to get details on this. Model no. Firmware. Logs anything really.

Oh i just realised I've been using the readme in your bridge as a basis for our HA integration! Cheers
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Swwils wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:31 pm Was 119 the only register write that they did remotely for you?

Would be great to get details on this. Model no. Firmware. Logs anything really.

Oh i just realised I've been using the readme in your bridge as a basis for our HA integration! Cheers
Yes just a single write to register 119 after they did the firmware update. This is an AC-connected 3600; not a hybrid or anything. I think its pretty much their simplest model. Firmwares are above; was BAAA-140A before update (register 119 had no effect) then BAAA-1415 after the update, and now I can tweak the register and see results. I've settled on a value 300 which seems pretty close to 0.
Zaite14

Post by Zaite14 »

Lincs Robert wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:26 pm I thought you might find this of interest. When I added my 2nd Lux unit I decided to replace the Wi-Fi module with the Ethernet dongle which was available then.
Hi Rob,

I have recently purchased a LAN dongle to replace the WiFi one on my Lux. I tested it today and it works well with the Lux site but I haven't been able to find a way to enable local access to the device. It seems to refuse all connections and doesn't appear to have an accessible web interface either. I was wondering if you know of a way to enable that feature (like the WiFi dongle has)?

Thanks for any assistance!
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

No, sorry …..
Zaite14

Post by Zaite14 »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 pm No, sorry …..
Not to worry, thanks for replying! (I sent a PM in the meanwhile just in case you didn't spot my reply, so please ignore that!). Hopefully Lux support can shed some light on it.
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Good luck 🤞