Octopus Go to Intelligent switch

Yuff

Re: Octopus Go to Intelligent switch

Post by Yuff »

Thanks Nowty & Ducabi, very helpful :D

Ps Nowty I love the app screen, with the heat pump icon, detailing where your solar is going on the other thread. I wish givenergy were as creative with their icons.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

IO can be frustrating.
On thu/Friday I needed the car charged to 80% by 7am, plugged in at 6.30pm and set the charging rate at 16 amps as everything was on as it was pretty cold.
IO gave me the smart charge ending at 7am.
Woke up at 4am and the car isn’t charging and has only added 60 miles so it’s been not charging for a while.
3.30 -5.30am is peak load so have to be careful not to blow another fuse, even though I was within the smart charge schedule I was having to manually keep starting the charge and play with the charging rate as I hit 21kw at one point with an 80 amp fuse.
Anyway I got to 7am and SHMBO had 190 miles range for her trip, so all good.
If I start the charge from the Tesla app in the smart charge window does it still remain off peak rate.
The smart charge was due to end at 7 am but I consistently had to re-start the charging from 4am onwards.
It would have been great for the Friday saving session if my click had actually registered to opt in!!!!!
I had this issue with a (free)public charger 5 miles away and had to continually start the app. I spoke to Tesla and BP and said there was nothing wrong their end. It then resolved itself but that probably happened when I disconnected smart charge from the octopus app.
Because of the extra off peak windows in IO I re-connected but it now seems to happen at home.
It seems like IO is controlling the charging. Don’t have a problem with that if it results in extra off peak charging slots
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2