G99 schematic - help and advice appreciated (UK based)

Andy

Re: G99 schematic - help and advice appreciated (UK based)

Post by Andy »

pattisd wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:31 pm I have been trying to build a schematic that could be used for the G99 application.
That's nice and neat. What software did you use? I've been fighting various ones over the last week but I don't come out anywhere near as nice as yours.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ronski wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:39 am I applied for my own G99 last year with UK Power Networks, I simply filled the form out stating existing system 3.6kW SolarEdge from 2015, and an additional system, consisting of a Quattro 48/10000, I never stated any export limitation, or sent any schematics, and it was approved. I will need to send a schematic once commissioned, along with other documents. Incidently the the electricians are here today to do the AC work. I'm running the whole house through the Quattro.

For your install I would not specify zero export, wait and see what they approve, there may well be quite a bit of money to be made from exporting.

The Quattro was re-certified on 17th January, I'm sure the 5k Multiplus will follow soon.
What type of batteries and capacity do you have on the Quatro ?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

nowty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:14 pm What type of batteries and capacity do you have on the Quatro ?
Currently 14.5kWh of EVE 280 cells in a 16S configuration, have space for 3 more, but will likely add just one more.

Electricians have been in today doing the AC side of things, which aren't yet finished.

Fintray

Post by Fintray »

That's a tidy looking layout of the equipment Ronski. :)
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

Nice ! :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Thanks, its been a long time in the making.
pattisd

Post by pattisd »

Andy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:03 pm
pattisd wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:31 pm I have been trying to build a schematic that could be used for the G99 application.
That's nice and neat. What software did you use? I've been fighting various ones over the last week but I don't come out anywhere near as nice as yours.
Sorry for the very, very late response ...

I used https://app.diagrams.net/ an online app for drawing various stuff. It takes a bit of getting used to, but isn't a million miles away from things like Powerpoint if you have used that before.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and info. All really appreciated.

And as I now have an approved G99 application, it would appear the advice given was sound too!!!! :D

Cheers all,
Dave
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hello everyone

I am new here and stumbled across this post while researching what it would take to have a Victron system installed with Pylontech batteries. Lots of great information and discussion on this forum.

I have read a fair few times in different places that the Multiplus 2 was not certified for G99 but that seems to have changed now very recently.
Pattisd I don't suppose you would mind sharing the completed G99 form that was approved (removing any personal info of course)? I am keen to test the waters with my DNO, Northern Power Grid, before involving an electrician or buying any gear. Being able to see a G99 that has been approved would be very helpful.

Cheers!
-Paul
Bill58

Post by Bill58 »

Hi,
Not sure whether to start a new thread but will try here in first instance.
I am presently applying to SP networks for a G99 as I am intending to add a Seplos 14kWh battery and Victron Multiplus 2 48/5000 inverter to my existing Solaredge 3.6kW PV array. I intend to do the instal myself and get an electrician to connect the ac side.

I intend using ESS mode and limit the export from the Victron to zero but assume the DNO looks at the total possible power export of 8kW) from both inverters (3.6+4.4).

I sent a A1-1 form and single line diagram to SP but received a reply indicating they wanted “a schematic drawing showing the protection systems associated with the automatic disconnecting devices for additional sources of electrical energy including loss of mains protection and trip circuit supervision. G99 protection to be showing at the inverter.”

I have attached the new drawing i sent and received the reply “G99 not shown at inverters” and would be grateful for any input from those more experienced in this than me.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Battery Diagram V3.jpeg
Battery Diagram V3.jpeg (124.38 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Did you send the G99 certificate for the Multiplus and existing SolarEdge Inverter?