Post by Fintray »

Colin Deng wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:11 am Hi Guys

This is Colin Deng
I will be leaving my job at Deriy company soon
Mianly is for the Salary and commission problem, it's a long story

Thank you guys for the support in the year 2022&2023
If there is any battery need in the future, can reach out to Deriy too
Or i can also help with that
Still not knowing what to do next , maybe will try to soho on my own for the battery business

Truly thankful for the support
Will be still in this forum, if i can stay

Thank you
Hi Colin,

All the best for your future career and do stay in touch on the forum and let us know how you are getting on.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Colin Deng

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Post by Colin Deng »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:25 am If you do start up on your own Colin, I could be interested at some point in a further set of 15 Grade A LF280's 6,000 cycle with busbars and welded posts.

Hoping to see a price cut if you can catch the last of the LF280's lower capacity units as they are moved out for the higher capacity 300's.

Cheers.
Hi Joe

Thank you for the info
If i start on my own, will let you know
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
Email:guohed070@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-deng-2b4277238/
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Starting a new job now, not in the energy business
But still got contact in the new energy business , will keep working on that
New job is for the 360 photo booth ,party stuff
Just 3 minutes away from my house, kind of nice, still trying to social in the team

Thanks everyone
Colin
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi Colin,

Glad to hear you have found a new job and so close to home is a real bonus.

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Good to hear that you've got a new job, as Moxi says close to home is a boost. :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Thank you
Yes, so close to my apartment, and i just go home for the lunch break and take a nap
8 hours a day , and have weekend
Most company not having 2 days off during the weekend
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
AGT

Post by AGT »

Enjoy the new working routine, sounds good!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I'm giving some thought to increasing the size of the home battery stack. Wondering if anyone has recently bought LF280k's?

My understanding is that the energy density has been increased in these units? Wondering what capacity people are seeing? Price is attractive at the moment.

Looking at 15 Grade A LF280's 6,000 cycle with busbars and welded posts.

I've got a wee 9 month investment which Is paying out late Feb. Splitting it with SWMBO and buying more storage with my half seems a decent way to go. I've got one last easy access spot and would like to max out the energy pinned to the wall!
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AlBargey

Post by AlBargey »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:28 pm I'm giving some thought to increasing the size of the home battery stack. Wondering if anyone has recently bought LF280k's?

My understanding is that the energy density has been increased in these units? Wondering what capacity people are seeing? Price is attractive at the moment.

I've got a wee 9 month investment which Is paying out late Feb. Splitting it with SWMBO and buying more storage with my half seems a decent way to go. I've got one last easy access spot and would like to max out the energy pinned to the wall!
Over on DIYSolar quite a few people have reported around 310Ah initial capacity test for the EVE LF280K V3, (with octagonal terminal post shroud), there is the LF304, which has similar capacity, but the 280K V3 can have the newer double post terminals (Definately ask for this) and has a longer cycle life.

Apparently the LF560 will be released sometime this year, but it's big and heavy, the LF304 could be replaced soon by an LF306, but I think the LF280K V3 has good pedigree.

The Gotion 340Ah cells I have were tested by someone over their at 365Ah, but they are less common, and I would have preferred the double post terminals and busbars, but my supplier couldn't do them for the fatter Gotions.
38m Barge, Solar (10.6 kWp), 26 kWh of LFP, Victron Quattro 8 kVA, CerboGX, 3,500L STP, 57kVa Perkins
Our live data: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installat ... e/c76c4bf6
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AlBargey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:56 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:28 pm I'm giving some thought to increasing the size of the home battery stack. Wondering if anyone has recently bought LF280k's?

Over on DIYSolar quite a few people have reported around 310Ah initial capacity test for the EVE LF280K V3, (with octagonal terminal post shroud), there is the LF304, which has similar capacity, but the 280K V3 can have the newer double post terminals (Definately ask for this) and has a longer cycle life.

Apparently the LF560 will be released sometime this year, but it's big and heavy, the LF304 could be replaced soon by an LF306, but I think the LF280K V3 has good pedigree.

The Gotion 340Ah cells I have were tested by someone over their at 365Ah, but they are less common, and I would have preferred the double post terminals and busbars, but my supplier couldn't do them for the fatter Gotions.
Cheers Al, thank you so very much.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees