Luxpower Down

Stinsy

Re: Luxpower Down

Post by Stinsy »

Thebeeman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:27 am Problem solved. Yes it was the routers. We must have had a minor power outage last night, we don't see it because of a backup up Genny but it plays hell with the router in the house and the one remotely in the shed 100mts away and the Wifi link between. Reboot both and we are GO again.
Maybe putting your router(s) on a UPS will solve the issue?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Both my units were off again about an hour ago, so about 15:30. I can only get one back on line with my usual reset trick ….
Anyone else having problems?
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

And back on line again ……
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Mine were offline for a bit at the same time. I assumed it was my flakey internet connection but Lux having an outage seems most likely seeing as you had the same outage.

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Agreed.

These units are great when they work, but also frustrating at times. Has anyone actually considered switching to another brand of AC coupled? There are several out there, Solis, Solax, Sofar and GivEnergy methinks. I was just thinking about the install a third LXP unit, well I’m toying with it, but am having second thoughts now. Can others work in parallel to give a bigger output than 3 or 3.6kW?

Answers on a postcard 🤔
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:20 pm Agreed.

These units are great when they work, but also frustrating at times. Has anyone actually considered switching to another brand of AC coupled? There are several out there, Solis, Solax, Sofar and GivEnergy methinks. I was just thinking about the install a third LXP unit, well I’m toying with it, but am having second thoughts now. Can others work in parallel to give a bigger output than 3 or 3.6kW?

Answers on a postcard 🤔
My understanding is that all the cheap-and-cheerful made-in-China brands are the same with their: low price, solid reliability, but woeful user interfaces. Lux is (was) cheapest of the lot with a horrendous outfit as sole UK distributor just to rub it in. Overall I’m happy with mine, sure SMA or Victron would be better but at what price?