Octopus Free Power Hours

Ronski

Re: Octopus Free Power Hours

Post by Ronski »

I've signed up as well, will need to make sure my batteries are suitably empty. Luckily I can control my Victron system wherever I am, which will be at work.

One concern is I have missing smart meter data from 25 July to 7 August, so don't have 10 days data, so might just get the average.
Krill

Post by Krill »

It says you get charged for ordinary use but excess is free.

I wonder how that works for export levels like the saving sessions? Edit - duh read op. Like saving sessions.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Krill wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:50 pm It says you get charged for ordinary use but excess is free.

I wonder how that works for export levels like the saving sessions? Edit - duh read op. Like saving sessions.
But we don't know whether export will create a negative baseline or not, it will be more lucrative if it does.

We know that in the future this type of splurge session will be included in the DFS so it seems this is Octopus doing trial runs.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Maybe the link that someone posted will show us the baseline like it did during savings sessions, so we’ll have an idea before the session
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I'll enjoy a remote HWT top off and a stack charge for free as these are zero grid draw times.

Next time out I'll have No1's on my hive system to run his HWT and SH at his place plus EV at ours.

I'm really looking forward to IO evolving into V2G alongside PV export contract and hopefully they'll offer some sort of Agile/tracker choice in the mix. Although I don't want to sitting waiting to press a button to hit peak export pricing..
:D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:11 pm I'll enjoy a remote HWT top off and a stack charge for free as these are zero grid draw times.

Next time out I'll have No1's on my hive system to run his HWT and SH at his place plus EV at ours.
I thought I might give the immersion a boost, but unfortunately SWMBO has just cleared the backlog of washing from when the granddaughters were here. She's out tomorrow and I don't think she has a load waiting for me to push the button at 2pm! I'll charge my battery (if it can take any) but my low-tech SH won't be needed as it's going to continue warm and summery here. Maybe I ought to buy a distilled water gadget... I'll turn the fridge and freezers down to minimum temp though.
Any other ideas?
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:47 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:11 pm I'll enjoy a remote HWT top off and a stack charge for free as these are zero grid draw times.

I thought I might give the immersion a boost, but unfortunately SWMBO has just cleared the backlog of washing from when the granddaughters were here. She's out tomorrow and I don't think she has a load waiting for me to push the button at 2pm! I'll charge my battery (if it can take any) but my low-tech SH won't be needed as it's going to continue warm and summery here. Maybe I ought to buy a distilled water gadget... I'll turn the fridge and freezers down to minimum temp though.
Any other ideas?
You guys 2pm then?

We are

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:11 pm Image

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
nowty

Post by nowty »

I think the Octopus does not quite understand the operation here at Nowty Towers. :whistle:

I've reprogrammed the Sunny Island and the Sofar battery unit to import 9kWh between 1pm and 2pm tomorrow. Any overspill from my solar will be mopped up with 8kW of EV charging and 3kW hot water boosting. :twisted:

That free 9kWh charge to the home battery will be exported which will gain 18kWh of credit on the cheapslot which will allow 18kWh of charge to the home battery overnight.

The day after that 18kWh will be exported which will gain 36kWh of credit on the cheapslot which will allow 36kWh of charge to the home battery overnight.

The day after that 36kWh will be exported which will gain 72kWh of credit on the cheapslot which suggests I need a bigger battery and more inverter power. :surrender:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

You’re basically a grid scale battery at this point- make money from energy trading why not!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work