Octopus Flux

Swwils

Re: Octopus Flux

Post by Swwils »

I will run the sums and might go on it VS agile in and out.

The 16p difference every day is very attractive if you get all your energy use from the sun.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

I've changed to Flux to see how it compares (import cost vs export payments) over the summer. :roll:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 pm I've changed to Flux to see how it compares (import cost vs export payments) over the summer. :roll:
All the best with that Iain, looking forward to hearing how it plays out. :ugeek:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Just noticed that the Powerwall is supplying the house loads during the expensive period (1600-1900hrs) and leaving the PV to export.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

There's definitely scope to make some decent money with Flux compared to agile outgoing, etc.
A friend has recently moved onto Flux whilst he's rebuilding a house. As a result, there's not much house load at the moment, but plenty of spare solar.

Using Node Red logic to control his Solis inverter, his average day looks like this:
- Charge the battery to 100% during the cheap overnight slot
- As soon as the solar starts generating, it's pretty much exported straight away earning money
- Force discharge the battery to 37% during peak export timeslot, plus export solar as usual
- Run on battery in the evening
- Repeat

The last 7 days have worked out well, with a net income of £30.18.

Not an option for me as DIY install means no MCS cert, but it's potentially worth it for others.
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
64kWh Kia E-Niro
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

My last seven days, the last four weeks is at -£90, and that takes in a few days not on Flux export.

Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Ronski wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:11 am My last seven days, the last four weeks is at -£90, and that takes in a few days not on Flux export.

Hi Ronski,

What programme are you using to get and display that data?
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
renewablejohn

Post by renewablejohn »

MrPablo wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 pm There's definitely scope to make some decent money with Flux compared to agile outgoing, etc.
A friend has recently moved onto Flux whilst he's rebuilding a house. As a result, there's not much house load at the moment, but plenty of spare solar.

Using Node Red logic to control his Solis inverter, his average day looks like this:
- Charge the battery to 100% during the cheap overnight slot
- As soon as the solar starts generating, it's pretty much exported straight away earning money
- Force discharge the battery to 37% during peak export timeslot, plus export solar as usual
- Run on battery in the evening
- Repeat

The last 7 days have worked out well, with a net income of £30.18.

Not an option for me as DIY install means no MCS cert, but it's potentially worth it for others.
This is something I thought was technically possible but where do you go to find someone capable of installing such a system that is also MCS cert. I am still trying to sort out a 3 phase hybrid system to do this with batteries for these bi-facial panels and Solis is a definite maybe but nobody has inspired me with confidence that they actually know what their doing.
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Fintray wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:44 am What programme are you using to get and display that data?
Looks like OctopusWatch.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Fintray wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:44 am Hi Ronski,

What programme are you using to get and display that data?
As mentioned above, it is Octopus Watch, but if you're using an Apple device then Octo Aid does the same thing.

Both will update the previous days information at a random time of the day, but the last two days mines updated early morning.