Pylontech stack - additional charger?

pudding

Re: Pylontech stack - additional charger?

Post by pudding »

4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D
pudding

Post by pudding »

And this is it in action just now, house load reduced to zero from FiT panels, and then way more going into the batteries than from the panels connected to the Sunsynk itself.

4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
richbee

Post by richbee »

pudding wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:09 pm Image

I never noticed there was a 'micro inverter input' setting on the Aux page. Is that how it works? But then that input is only showing 7W

Is it a bit weird that the house load is showing 0 - instead of -1100W, or whatever it would take to make the sums add up.

Looks good tho :D
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Tinbum wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:24 am Show where the CT is on your diagram.
Tinbum
Sunsynks CT clamp is directly before the incoming powers elec meter. The pen is pointing to where it is.
I have two main (house circuits) consumer units and two PV mini units, which are both linked to just one house CU.
The two tails from the consumer units go back to a Henley block just prior to my electricity meter.

I will sketch it out and attach. All the yellow highlighted wiring is the new/modified stuff the electrican completed with the sunsynk.

Thank you for all your help guys
Last edited by resybaby on Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Photo of my four consumer units (2x house and 2xPV)
As per previous post, both PV consumer units are linked back to a single 'house' consumer unit.
The other 'house' consumer unit was left 'as was' by the electrician.

Robi, i like the charger from sunsynk thoughts, i suppose it would 'catch' the FIT generated Pv but . . . .
Tinbum, CT position as per last post - on main incoming feed from electric meter.
Stinsy, yea. both FIT and Sunsynk have own mini CU's. Both are linked back via henley block in garage to a single 'house' CU. The other 'house' CU just has domestic circuits from it.

7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
iBoost HW divertor
600min Loft insulation
pudding

Post by pudding »

As long as the CT clamp is in the right place, measuring total electricity coming in or going out of your house, the different consumer units etc is a distraction I think. Show us some screenshots of your Sunsynk settings etc.
nowty

Post by nowty »

CT clamp looks in correct position, I think it needs to be in Operating Mode 4, or else it may only charge batteries from grid after dark.

From operating manual,
Last edited by nowty on Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

resybaby wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:39 pm
Tinbum wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:24 am Show where the CT is on your diagram.
Tinbum
Sunsynks CT clamp is directly before the incoming powers elec meter. The pen is pointing to where it is.
I have two main (house circuits) consumer units and two PV mini units, which are both linked to just one house CU.
The two tails from the consumer units go back to a Henley block just prior to my electricity meter.

I will sketch it out and attach. All the yellow highlighted wiring is the new/modified stuff the electrican completed with the sunsynk.

Thank you for all your help guys
That looks fine.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
robl

Post by robl »

pudding wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:09 pm Image

Thanks for that! Took me a while to find a similar looking page as that, but yes we have one. I adjusted the settings to be the same (except we only have timer1 set to 12:30-4:30). I just need to wait for some sun now to see it charge the batts 8-)
4kWp solar, EV

Diy: MVHR, 150mm EWI, 15kWh batt, 2.4kW GSHP & no gas
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Once again, thanks to all for your input, much appreciated.

Nowty. Am not understanding the 'operating mode4' comment, cant seem to find any ref in my manual to that currently, nor on any inverter settings, i'll have to dig a little digger. Lots of folk in South Africa with Ecco Sunsynks so time for a Google on that.

Tinbum. Thanks for confirming CT is in the right place,

Pudding. Screen shots attached. seems our screens are different looking but have the same options.
Looking on my AUX LOAD (micro inverter input) settings, do these agree with yours?
Id have thought the 'AC couple ON batt' setting should be 0, rather than 95%?
From what i understand of the wording,id have thought my settings are instructing the Sunsynk to only use this power once the batteries are at 95% - which is pretty useless it seems.

Also, do you use the 'Aux Load Output' settings feature? This allows you to keep using the PV/invertors power creation ability, once it has filled the batteries and ramped down to zero export. Effectively it sends any power it can still create to a 'smart' load (in my case a double socket wired into the GEN connection) to power somethinglike an immersion, in my case my A2A hearpump. Very usefull feature and worth a look if your not using it. Its the one thing on this invertor that i have managed to get set up well.

Robi. How did you get on with capturing your FIT power and sending to your Pylontechs, after changing your settings to match Puddings?

7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
iBoost HW divertor
600min Loft insulation